The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

That photo is my online dating pic.

60% of the time, it works everytime.

james645 - 17 June 2014 09:24 PM

Righto hey crew, figure i’ll be hanging around these forums for the next year or more so may as well introduce myself.

The names James, 21 year old Aussie, already booked to head over to Canada for a season at the end of October. Still need to suss out a job when over there but just going to chance it! Have only been to the snow in Switzerland once before and up here at Buller but know I love it so keen as for my first full on season!

Welcome to the community, James! shaka

Welcome!

Sorry about all the spam!!

Howdy Team! thought id introduce myself… names Matt from NZ, currently living in Melbourne, heading to Whistler for the 14/15 season, hope to see a few of you out there on the hill! cheers

Welcome up on in, Heapsy and James!!!!! shaka

hello fellow shredders shred  shaka

Hello eskimojoe!!!!!

eskimojoe - 20 July 2014 01:25 PM

hello fellow shredders shred  shaka

Welcome to Boardworld! shaka

Heapsy - 19 July 2014 10:46 PM

Howdy Team! thought id introduce myself… names Matt from NZ, currently living in Melbourne, heading to Whistler for the 14/15 season, hope to see a few of you out there on the hill! cheers

Welcome to the community, Matt. cool grin

Hey Guys,

I’m Josh and I’m a good friend of Jeremy’s since back in school. I just caught up with him today and he invited me on here to tell you about a campaign I’ve just launched.

Daybreak is an Australian eyewear company with heart, and giving back is at the core of what we’re about. We not only believe in producing quality sunglasses but in being a quality company, which is why every pair of Daybreak’s sold helps to restore sight to someone in need across Asia, Africa, and Central America.

Daybreaks are premium quality sunglasses but at an affordable price. They are super durable due to the materials we use, and can be customized to your own style with different frame colour and lens colour options. Daybreaks are made from the highest quality materials, and are designed for those that like living an outdoor lifestyle and want a great pair of sunglasses they can take with them wherever they go. They are perfect for surfers, snowboarders, and skaters, or any outdoor activity where you need a durable and tough pair of sunglasses you can rely on.

On Jeremy’s advice I’m going to set up a thread called Daybreak Sunglasses where I can tell you about our story and how Daybreak started, as well as answer any questions or chat about any comments you might have.

We are currently crowdfunding on Indiegogo, and if people get behind us and we hit our funding goal of $9,900, Daybreak will happen and we’ll be able to start providing treatments, prescription glasses, and sight restoration surgeries to people in need across the developing world.

Please check out our campaign on Indiegogo and if you like what we are about please pledge and buy one of our perks and/or share with your friends.

Thanks for having me on here and look forward to chatting with you soon and being part of the BW community.

Josh

Hey Josh, welcome a board!!!!! shaka

Hey, wait a cotton pickin second!!!!!

Jez doesn’t have any friends?????  hmmm

Haha I can vouch for Jez, he still has a fair few mates from back in the day wink

Donated and will share on Facebook for you. Seems like a great campaign.

Thanks so much TJswish, really appreciate it grin

I just created a new thread on BW where you can read a bit more about the background story to Daybreak, the idea behind it, and what we are all about. Also looking at creating a special BW promotion which I’ll put up in that thread.

Daybreak Campaign thread

Welcome josh… Love your idea!  signed up for a pair for myself and Mr.h0z too! smile