The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Daybreak Sunglasses Indiegogo Campaign

Hey Guys,

As mentioned in my post on the Welcome Board, I’m a good mate of Jez ( yes he still has a few) and have been since we were at school. When I saw him today he invited me to come and post about my current Indiegogo campaign.  Following on from my post in the Welcome Thread, I wanted to share with you the story behind Daybreak to give you a better idea of who we are and what we are about, as well as some information about our product.

About Our Sunglasses
Daybreaks are premium quality sunglasses at an affordable price. They are super durable due to the materials we use, and can be customized to your own style with different frame colour and lens colour options. Daybreaks are made from the highest quality materials, and are designed for those that like living an outdoor lifestyle and want a great pair of sunglasses they can take with them wherever they go. They are perfect for surfers, snowboarders, and skaters, or any outdoor activity where you need a durable and tough pair of sunglasses you can rely on.

You can read more about our product at our pitch page, as well as see our campaign video.

Our Story
As a 10 year old boy my grandfather was forced to endure the horrors of the Nazi concentration camps. Somehow, someway, he managed to survive, and when he was liberated 5 years later, he had lost almost his entire family and was a different person both inside and out. He had, however, been given a second chance at life.  My grandfather passed away three months ago at the age of 84, having rebuilt a life in Australia he should never have lived, with a family he should never had had. He was given a second chance at life, one that many people often don’t get, and he took it and made the most out of it.

The idea behind Daybreak came from a desire to repay that second chance my grandfather received. Millions of people around the world experience suffering and adversity on a daily basis, with no real way to escape their situation. Daybreak’s aim is to give them that second chance they need to create a better life for themselves and their family. Our first campaign is focused on helping to restore sight and end avoidable blindness across the developing world.

Why sight?
Of the 39 million cases of blindness around the world, 80% could have been prevented or cured. That leaves 31 million people living with blindness when it could have been avoided, with the vast majority of those affected living in developing countries. By restoring sight to someone it gives them a second chance at life; children are able to return to school to get an education, adults are able to earn a living and take care of their family.

Our Daybreak Sunglasses campaign recently launched on Indiegogo. With every pair of sunglasses sold Daybreak will help to restore sight to someone in need. You can view more about our campaign and our sunglasses at the link Daybreak Sunglasses Campaign

Thanks for welcoming me into the BW community and reading and getting to know me a bit better. Please check out my campaign on Indiegogo and if you like what we are about please pledge and buy one of our perks, and/or share with your friends. Any questions or just want to say hi please reply to this post or drop me a line josh [at] thedaybreak.com

Josh

Done & Done thumbsup

It’s kinda like tom’s shoes for your eyes,  I’m down!!  Rad campaign is rad

Locked in!!!!! shaka

And I didn’t see Jez in that group down at Bondi in the clip?????

You positive he’s got friends?????

#nojez

LOL @mizu!

Done!! Got a pair for mr.h0z and myself!  love that you can pick your own colours for each part.. And that they also help a good cause!! shaka

Thanks so much for your support and feedback, really nice to see and hear people getting behind the campaign and liking what we are trying to do.

Jez has been telling me for ages how awesome his BW Community is but never fully understood what he meant until now.

Please spread the word to your friends and networks,  we are also on Facebook for anyone who wants to check us out there. The more people who hear about us, the better the chance Daybreak will happen.

Thanks again for your support, you guys are awesome!

Hey Josh,

I’m glad you decided to join. Welcome to the community!

Guys, please don’t let my questionable character reflect badly on Josh. We spoke at length yesterday and I’m really stoked on what he’s trying to achieve with Daybreak. I can personally vouch for him and tell you his heart is definitely in the right place.

Keep us posted, Josh! shaka

Friends with jez we can handle….. As long as there is no affiliation with Box Head you will be fine LOL

Really? I have more of a soft spot for Boxy than I do Jez!

Haha I don’t know who Box Head is but I can vouch for Jez. Despite his questionable character he is a good guy shaka

Also good to get his positive feedback and support for the product given his knowledge and experience of the industry, and what makes for good sunglasses in the surf/ski/skate community.

He’s not such a bad guy after all wink

Jez is waaaaay more dodgy than me.  angry

Special Daybreak Promotion for BW members

Hey guys,

Due to the huge love and warm reception I got from the BW community I decided to offer a special Daybreak Promotion just for BW members.

If our campaign gets funded, we’re going to choose two BW members at random and Double Up their order. So if you bought 1 customized pair you get 2 customized pairs ,if you bought 2 customized pairs you’ll get 4 customized pairs etc.

To be in the running to Double Up all you need to do is pledge to buy any of our Perks, then Like our Facebook Page and post a link to our campaign page on your Facebook and Twitter.

Good luck to everyone who enters cool smile

Campaign Link to share: http://www.igg.me/at/thedaybreak

Our Facebook page to follow: http://www.facebook.com/thedaybreakco 

Oh oh oh oh, I’m random!!!!!

But I don’t have farcebook!!!!! long face

Make an Instagram Pic and I’ll share the shit out of that?????

We’re also on Instagram

http://www.instagram.com/thedaybreakco