The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

More rain…

Forecast is for more rain in Victoria this weekend and I assume the snow is melting with the warmer weather.
How’s the snow condition at Vic. mountains for anyone who has been up in the last few days? (Mountain sites just always say good snow cover or none imo)

From the rail jam last night all the uni boarders i was talking to all said a few things in common.
“arent you too young to be here?” and “buller took a thrashing” some said there was grass appearing on bourke street so im guessing thats no good….

Slushy..Buller is extremely slushy..
Heading up to Buller again next weekend.. hope it’s still semi-decent.
Going to Hotham the week after that.. I’m praying for at least 50cm of snow base…

T-Spec - 20 August 2009 05:17 AM

Slushy..Buller is extremely slushy..
Heading up to Buller again next weekend.. hope it’s still semi-decent.
Going to Hotham the week after that.. I’m praying for at least 50cm of snow base…

Not too good to hear, hopefully we get some cool patterns coming through

dont think that’ll happen Nic, the frog predicts more rain than anything….
they long range forecasts arent any prettier either
looks like spring kicked in early yo

golfpunklegend - 20 August 2009 05:35 AM

dont think that’ll happen Nic, the frog predicts more rain than anything….
they long range forecasts arent any prettier either
looks like spring kicked in early yo

Does indeed, we have apple trees breaking bud already (month early at least). Maybe the predictions are wrong :(

Thats gonna suck cos there wont be any left at this rate for the 3rd term hols

Rain is forecast for my area too, but I going to head to the dry slope anyway.

snowslider - 20 August 2009 06:40 PM

Rain is forecast for my area too, but I going to head to the dry slope anyway.

Doubt it would still be “dry” after the rain raspberry
goddammit im cheesy….

More rain today, still warm as well. oh well hopefully the snow stays around for a bit.

Looks like buller lost some. theres still 17 lifts running but baw baw has not enough snow to board on and has no lifts running.
sad really because this weekend is gonna be even worse

Never know; but the forecast does say so. Doesn’t surprise me that baw baw doesn’t have much but buller has lost a fair bit in the last week (~35cm). I believe there is meant to be ~5cm on Friday night

the 5 cm will come after a fair heavy rain damage so its not about how much snow falls its more about how much will get washed away, hopefully as little as posisble

5 cm back on top is better than jsut washed away snow though, were you going up this weekend or next?

Hey the forecasts have brightened up a little bit.
more snow, less rain.
I was going up this weekend but the weather’s shite.

golfpunklegend - 21 August 2009 12:39 AM

Hey the forecasts have brightened up a little bit.
more snow, less rain.
I was going up this weekend but the weather’s shite.

Or rather the forecasts have cooled down raspberry
Shame you’re not going up anymore, it could all be gone very soon, hopefully i get up the next w/e