The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

More rain…

nope but monday is pretty much 100% chance that a lot of snow is going to come down which would be sick

ahh true. looks like the seasons not over just yet grin

Hope it does snow, cheapo grand final weekend c’mon!

Anyone know what the weather is going to be like next weekend at the snow?

Apparently sunny on saturday and showers developing on sunday.
the further away the forecasts, the more unreliable so it could change

Just Giver - 23 August 2009 12:17 AM

Anyone know what the weather is going to be like next weekend at the snow?

I personally use http://www.snowatch.com.au/ and look at temperature with http://www.bom.gov.au/
Next week (weekend in bold):   
Sun 23
Strong NW-WNW winds - gale force at times about the peaks. Light showers developing.       
Mon 24
Strong W-WNW winds - gale force about the peaks. Showers developing falling as snow above 1600m overnight (*3-7cm* possibly more in VIC resorts).
Tue 25
Strong W winds - gale force about the peaks. Cooler day with snowfalls to around 1400m *(5-10cm)*. 
Wed 26
Strong W-WSW winds easing later. Cloudy with the occasional light shower.
Thu 27
Light W-WNW winds. Cloudy periods with the chance of some light drizzle at times.
Fri 28
Light NW-WNW winds increasing. Mostly fine and sunny day.
Sat 29
Moderate to strong W-WNW winds increasing. Fine and sunny day with cloud increasing overnight.
Sun 30
Light to moderate SSW winds. Cloud increasing with light showers developing.

snowatch is great man.
pete is one of the only forecasters that look so far ahead.
it often changes though so gotta keep updated

we got a lil snow shower this afternoon here only about 2cm i think, hopefully more on the way on Monday/Tuesday !!

Radar looks good right now,a heap of precipitation coming over the sa/vic border.Temps in the mountains just have to drop a little bit and it’s game on(the story of the season so far).

Ian. - 24 August 2009 11:14 PM

Radar looks good right now,a heap of precipitation coming over the sa/vic border.Temps in the mountains just have to drop a little bit and it’s game on(the story of the season so far).

Sounds good for water stocks at least

Buller is not looking too pretty right now…. just gave their snowcams a look

You should see my VIDEO of Thredbo from today.

Sweet vid spaz. I watch them a fair few times throughout the week. love your work!
EDIT: ghastly conditions though…..

SWEET AS!
forecast is changing.
Tuesday 25th: Cooler day with snowfalls to around 1100m and blizzard conditions likely (15-25cm).