The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Most Improved Photographer - SNOW 2011

Oh ok sweet!!! Thanks Gamblor :-D

Closing date announced.

11:59pm on Friday, October 14th, 2011 (AEST).

Please make sure you get in all your entries before then.

I know it’s not snow related but would you mind telling me what I can do to improve my Motorbike photo.

I’m guessing I should move it to a better location and maybe try to get a bit more of the side of the bike? I like the streaks from the light…

I guessing a better camera might also help lol.

yeah, a better location would help. Maybe get a tripod and take a long shutter speed shot. Get the bike’s lights on.

I rekon do it in a different place with the lights on it and a backdrop of the city. I just have a vision that would look cool!

Gamblor - 29 September 2011 04:29 AM

yeah, a better location would help. Maybe get a tripod and take a long shutter speed shot. Get the bike’s lights on.

The lights are on… the other one is the high beam, I don’t want to go blind…

really? I never knew that about bike headlights. I just assumed it was like a car

Single head lights are!!!!!

All bikes are different!!!!!

Gamblor - 29 September 2011 06:38 AM

really? I never knew that about bike headlights. I just assumed it was like a car

Also, when you turn on the bike, the headlight is on by default. You can’t turn it off lol.

Part of ADR compliance!!!!!!

Two from earlier in the season, any thoughts

Title: Back Five Antons line
Rider: Torre Marr-Smith
Date: 21/08/2011

Title: Seeing Red
Date: 3rd September 2011

One from the final day of the season at Thredbo

Title: Earn Your Turns
Rider: Neil Denize
Date: 3rd October 2011

That last one is Wicked, john!!!!!!  shaka

(And if it hadn’t had those other tracks across it, I reckon that one would be in contention for the SoHe pic comp prize, for sure!!!!!)

I’m with Mizu and loved last picture awesome!!!

+1 Earn your turns is RAD smile

johnlaker - 03 October 2011 09:13 AM

Two from earlier in the season, any thoughts

Title: Back Five Antons line
Date: 21/08/2011

Title: Seeing Red
Date: 3rd September 2011

One from the final day of the season at Thredbo

Title: Earn Your Turns
Rider: Neil Denize
Date: 3rd October 2011

1) again, we can’t see the rider very well. The jump he’s on has the landing cut. On the left of the panorama are some deep tracks which should be cut out since they draw the eye a bit.
2)selective colour is really cheezy and should be left to wedding photography and photoshop noobs. I know you did it to make the rider stand out against that terrible background. My local park is the same - options are really limited. Change up the lenses and angles and try to find a better backdrop.
3) the rocks are super nice up top. it’d be nicer if the rider was a tad lower or you had some definition in the snow in the bottom half of the pic - it’s a bit lonely down there. You may have some, for all I know, and it may have been lost on the upload or from being online. Big ollie by the rider. I can’t decide if that line crossing horizontally is a good thing or bad. The rider’s shadow is a bit close to it. It’d be nicer lower for sure.