The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Falls Creek 2011

Part three

Day 8

Woke up to a Blue Bird day, no wind whatsoever and not a cloud in the sky!!!!! What a top way to finish our stay at Falls Creek!!!!
Packed all our gear and headed for the hills!!!!! Played mostly around Sun Valley, and a couple of quick unsteady laps thru Drovers Park!!!!! God, why do I suck so badly at it????
Didn’t really get the GoPro rollin that much, mainly due to the weather but mostly cause we were to busy enjoyin just cruising around the place and finding our way!!!!!

* A couple of stills from the GoPro,

Headed down for a last Cransky to finish the day around 2:30, then jumped in the car and headed off down the road to spend two nights in Mt Beauty, and to look around the area!!!!!

* Lake Guy at Bogong Village about ¾ the way down from Falls,

Ate pizza at PK’s in at Towonga Sth and had another sample of their great local brew from Sweet Water!!!!! A must to wrap ya lips around one if ya in the area!!!!

* Sweet Water Golden Bitter, mmmmm……….

Day 9

Awoke to meet K2 for the second time, and pass over some suspicious contraband that I had recently got off rider in the poorly lit carpark of a South Sydney trouble spot!!!! It was marked for deano!!!!! I didn’t ask questions!!!!!

*K2 in Club Mazda, the delivery vehicle come mobile snow chalet,

After the deal went down, we drove back over the Towonga Gap, and into Bright to visit the Brewery and have a wander around the town!!!!

* Don’t try the Russian Mud Water, first row middle (I think that were tryin to offload it to anyone that was game enough to drink it!!!!)

So we had a feed, then decided to head up for a late look at Mt Buffalo!!!! Foot down, clear out the cobwebs in the Subie from sittin at Falls for the last few days, and look out locals, the Mizu’s are wastin no time, we are on a mission to sight see!!!!!

* Crystal Brook falls, with view across the Kiewa Valley to the Alps,

* Lake Catani

* Eurobin Falls (Lower)

I like the number plate LOL

blizzard_22 - 19 August 2011 10:42 AM

I like the number plate LOL

I hoped that it would be noticed!!!!! No Photoshop there either!!!!!  cool hmm

awesome TR Mizu! So stoked you had a great time, and saw some of the awesoem sights there. The Vic alpine area is so beautiful!

LOL love the photo of the phone with all BW members txts.

hahaha number plate is the best!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 19 August 2011 10:52 AM

awesome TR Mizu! So stoked you had a great time, and saw some of the awesoem sights there. The Vic alpine area is so beautiful!

LOL love the photo of the phone with all BW members txts.

hahaha number plate is the best!

Glad ya like it so far mate!!!!! Still got more to come!!!!! No alpine, but the stop at Azz’s, and up the coast was Gold also!!!!!

Part Four

Day 10

Bit of a lay in,  pack all of our gear that had been spread around the room to dry, and we are off to see the Azzid, the Wonderful Azzid of Chill, because of the wonderful things he does………….
So we follow the road of a thousand bends, back over Towonga Gap through Harrietville and up and over Hotham!!!!! What a buzz it was to drive through Hotham!!!!! Like ya drivin on top of the world!!!!! So So Cool!!!!!

* Just before Hotham,

Once over Hotham we stopped in for a look around Dinner Plain, and had a coffee!!!!! Cool little village about 10 mins away from Hotham, that’s all built usin the same stone and timber architecture!!!!!
We then headed sth along the Tambo river, for what is a long but beautiful drive all the way thru to Omeo, and yet another mystery bag for lunch from the bakery!!!!! The Chunky Beef was the Bomb!!!!!

* Stoppin along the way to save this little fella from bein splattered in a 100 zone,

* Good sign to see after drivin the road of a thousand bends,

Back on the road and quickly approachin Azz n Tambo’s place, we (I, cough) decide to go with my inbuilt navigational instincts and put my trust into Suzie Sat Nav!!!!! I was wrong!!!!! So after a quick call to Azz, some dodgy directions and about a 25 min back track, we finally turned up at the Hill!!!!!

* I think that we might be in the right place toto,

Slowly met all of the Chill Hill residents one by one, as they returned home from various activities, both work and leisure!!!!! Really nice fam ya got there Azz!!!! Good times meetin them all, but devo that we didn’t stop gabbin to take some pics!!!!! : (
Went out for a walk around the Chill Hill Zoo, and gave Mizu the duck a pat, saw K2 and spaz runnin amok around the place as well!!!!! Didn’t wanna get to close to the llama’s though, cause I heard that they can sometimes mess up ya Sunday best!!!!! And it was Sunday after all!!!!!
Ad an awesome feed that was graciously compiled by Tambo, a good old yak with everyone while we sat around drinkin a few glasses of the good stuff!!!!!

Day 11

Awoke to the sounds of K2 and spaz goin off about something!!!!! Got to relive the enthusiasm of the crew headin off for school!!!!! Fishmunga cracked me up that morning!!!!! I still think that he deliberately grated his finger to jag a day off school!!!! Hahahahaa!!!!!
Let Azz n Tambo get the last one of the Chill Crew, off to school and them back into their massive work load of servicing the rich and famous of the boating scene, and hit the road once again!!!!!

Half an hour into our journey, got word from Azz, that K2 and spaz were gettin giggy with it!!!!!! Hahahahahaaa!!!!!

Awesome TR Mizu!! smile Hahahaha I love teacher boy’s rego! Gold!!!

Thanks Billy!!!!  cool smile

One more (and the final) installment to go!!!! Back at work for a couple a days atm!!!!

Part five (The final Chapter!!!! Thank F$#% I hear you all say!!!!)

Travellin up the coast on the Princes Hwy, we drove through many a town, stopping at a few for a little look around!!!!

* Cann River for a statue ride and a Bacon and Egg roll at the Café, mmmm…… (This is the pub, luckily for my liver it was closed at that time of the morning),

* When statue ridin goes wrong, (It is an EXTREME sport kids, ride safe!!!!)

* Mallacoota, (Azz’s recommendation)

* Bermagui, (The BEST crumbed fish at Saltwater café on the edge of the marina)

* Camel Rock,

* Narooma, (Ya can see CRACKERS ship in this pic)

* A forever familiar sight to me, a typical NSW Sth Coast Bush Road,

After a another long haul, and stacks of epic sights, we pulled into our last port of call for the night!!!!!
Tilba Tilba, a small (Population 30) gold town just west of Bermagui!!!! And the place that we were stayin at, Green Gables, a B&B that was run by whom the locals refer to as “The Boys”!!!!!
First time I had stayed in a B&B before let alone one ran by “The Boys”, and was caught off guard that night havin a few glasses of red, when Phillip asked me if I would like some of his nuts!!!!!

Day 12, The last day : (

Awoke to a ripper of a day and a breakfast that was worth the tariff paid for the whole stay at Green Gables!!!!! The boys can cook!!!! All local produce and most out of the garden picked that morning, and along with some great hospitality made our stay there probably one of the best that we have experienced!!!!! Highly recommended place to go!!!!!
Spent a few hours strollin around Tilba, scored myself a wooden Buddha and Mrs Mizu got herself an antique chair!!!!! Loaded up with cheese from the Tilba Cheese Factory, and headed off back onto the Princes HWY once again!!!!!

* First time I have ever bought back furniture from a snow trip, (Who the hell brings back furniture from a snow trip????)

Nice leisurely drive home, and after our first trip to the Mexican snowfields both Mrs Mizu and I agree that it wont be our last!!!!!

Peace Out Muchachos!!!!!

shaka

Your story took me on a magical journey that I wish would never end!
Good to hear you had a great time! Put some ski’s on that chair and your good to go. smile

Amazing photo’s you took there! The lower part of Eurobin Falls look so refreshing, I’d jump in it but I’ll probably freeze to death haha.

Thanks BKM!!!!! Hmmm…..... skis on the chair!!!!! Now that sounds like fun!!!!!  LOL

Mizu, I just read through your entire trip. What an epic trip report and an awesome read! Some of the photos you posted are really good - did Mrs Mizu take them? Hahaha.  LOL

How funny are the texts you got back. Sauce, Osman, Teacher Boy… haha. Oh yeah, where was my text?  cool hmm

K2, how much did you have to pay for that personalised number plate? Or did Spanish buy it for you as a gift?  smirk

Well done, mate. Thoroughly enjoyed readying about your adventure down south!  shaka

rider26 - 23 August 2011 06:57 AM

Mizu, I just read through your entire trip. What an epic trip report and an awesome read! Some of the photos you posted are really good - did Mrs Mizu take them? Hahaha.  LOL

How funny are the texts you got back. Sauce, Osman, Teacher Boy… haha. Oh yeah, where was my text?  cool hmm

K2, how much did you have to pay for that personalised number plate? Or did Spanish buy it for you as a gift?  smirk

Well done, mate. Thoroughly enjoyed readying about your adventure down south!  shaka

Thanks mate!!!!!  cool smile

I realized the next day that I had forgot to send ya that one!!!!!! Sorry mate!!!!! I’ll send ya a pic of me havin a bath tonight!!!!!  smirk

I was told not to tell you guys about Spanish’s gift of love to K2!!!!! So I am gonna keep my mouth shut!!!!!  zipper

Whilst Mrs Mizu did take a few shots, I am a Button Pusher for a livin!!!!!  shaka

Hahahaha all good. <strike>Looking forward to</strike> Scared about the photo tonight.  grrr

I am also a button pusher for a living… the DELETE button.  smirk

Where is antisense anyway? I haven’t seen him on here since the trip. What did you do to him?  cool mad

rider26 - 23 August 2011 07:19 AM

I am also a button pusher for a living… the DELETE button.  smirk

Yeah, but I’m good at my profession!!!!!

rider26 - 23 August 2011 07:19 AM

Where is antisense anyway? I haven’t seen him on here since the trip. What did you do to him?  cool mad

Hmmm….... now that ya mention it!!!!!! He was behind me at the summit….......  big surprise