The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld — Introduce Yourself Here!

Mr Olliepop - 26 June 2015 07:19 AM

Ah k here goes, re-introducing myself..

Well hello all, hope you’re stoked it’s a Friday and have plans to ride some form of board this weekend.

Jeremy here! I’m the guy behind Olliepop Films and now also Olliepop Apparel.

We’ve made a bunch of web-series with Boardworld as well as produced a bunch of projects for different brands over the years.

We just launched a new website over at http://www.olliepopfilms.com and have a NEW online store for our Olliepop Apparel range.

Anyways enough about that company I do stuff for. A bit more about me.

I’m 28, originally from Adelaide, but relocated to Melb/Vicco. My gal and I just got back from 18 months in Whistler and had a three week surf stint in Nicaragua.

I’m pretty much a frother at heart. Snow and Surf are my two passions ( kicked Skate out for personal safety due to a few injuries ) and am pretty hyped on good music, good fashion, good times, and good food…it is so good to be back in the country that has epic Bacon (sorry vegetarians).

What’s my five year plan you say? shit that’s a bit intense… well I’m hoping to still travel about the globe as much as possible but might be seeking a nice point break more often now though some Japanese pow turns wouldn’t go astray.

This past winter I filmed for Wildcats The Movie, you can follow them on instagram @wildcats_themovie shooting backcountry in Canada with the likes of aussie ripper Ryan Tiene as well as travelling to France with Ryan, Charles Beckinsale and the rest of the DC Global team for a trip that was code named ‘APRES!’.. needless to say while the conditions weren’t always epic we made the most of it.

This winter I’ll hopefully get up to the Aussie mountains sooner rather than later as we have a few new projects lining up.

Anyways hope everyone’s has some frothy good times in the Aussie Alps this winter,

Peace out!

Jeremy

Yeah Jez! Stoked to have you involved. Always great working with you and looking forward to what we have planned for this season. shaka

trentradpants - 25 June 2015 06:35 PM
Franchise - 24 June 2015 12:33 PM

Hey fellow boardworld members!

I have been lurking these forums since I needed advice on a new board which was a couple months ago so I thought I’d finally introduce myself.

Didn’t realise it was a small world @trentradpants I believe you have worked as a sign writer with my best mate Trent? smile PS Congrats on opening up PPP in Geelong man!

Name is Francis, I’m 29 and from Melbourne.

Ahhh hey Franny hows things bro? How is that long legged, low pant wearing, protein eating mate of yours??

Yeah things are good man! Haha yeah he’s alright, nothings changed much still long legged, low pant wearing protein eater! Tried convincing him coming up to the snow but apparently its too cold… Could you imagine those pins strapped onto a board joy

Yo!
Im brand new to this site, just stumbled across it!
Was just looking for some forums and what not to chat with some other people that also loved boarding as much as myself!
Im Spence, or Griffsy either works!
Been boarding for a few seasons, but am currently doing my first season working at falls with my fiancé!
Besides snow stuff, i skate ( a little )
I ride bikes the 20inch and 26inch kind.

And have two dogs that we have left back in melbourne for the season that are little monsters!

They also love santa.

Look forward to chatting with some new people and hopefully getting to shred with some aswell!

Cheers! ✌

Welcome to Boardworld, Griffsy! You’ve come to the right place. shaka

Giddy up Kiddies!!!

Yep, I can call you that, coz I think I’m the oldest girl!!
I’m LMB, Mamabear, or just Michelle will do.  cheese
I’m 46.  Married.  4 kids.  All shredders. 

I started late.  First saw snow 9 years ago when I was 37.
Initiated in Hokkaido.  But let’s be honest, I sucked.
Big time sucked.  I ate a lot of snow and was black, blue and sore for a few years!
But lots of lesson later and I’m totally addicted.

This is me.  Heliskiing last year in NZ.

These are my 2 youngest boys, me, and two of my best friends at Thredbo, which I consider my home mountain, even though I live in Perth.

My eldest and the hubby are camera shy, but this is my 2nd son in Niseko.

Edit: found a couple more photos…
Hubby in Hakuba

Eldest son in Niseko

Two eldest clowning around in Strawberries/Niseko

I’ve been through 4 boards in that time, sold off my K2 starter board, killed my Burton Troop and now vacillate between the big Roxy Eminence and my baby, the Hel Yes with Now Selects, that Jez hooked me up with last season.

A decade ago my life didn’t include snow.  Now every minute I’m away from it I’m thinking about the next trip.  It’s addictive.  I can no longer imagine my life without snowboarding.
shaka

One of these days I’ll make a BW or BW Girls shred.  billy

I promise you are not the oldest male or female that posts here!

ozgirl - 01 July 2015 03:27 PM

So I wore a dress once and I get labeled for life!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 01 July 2015 06:19 PM
ozgirl - 01 July 2015 03:27 PM

So I wore a dress once and I get labeled for life!!!!!

Come on Oz!
Miz in a dress doesn’t count as another old girl wink2

That’s debatable around these parts!!!!!

Hi everyone!

My name is Rob! I guess i am the first German here?! Am I? Anyway: I am from a beautiful city called Münster. Last season i stayed in the even more beautiful Whistler.

I grew up skiing and tobogganing in the “Sauerland” (some tiny hills in western germany, which are the Mecca of skiing for all the dutch people..), eating bratwurst and sauerkraut for lunch!
In Whistler I worked as a skiing instructor..and on my days off some crazy boardboard people made the magic happen and turned me into a snowboarder! The time there was a blast and getting more into riding was asewome. This would not have happend when rider26 himself had not given me a ride from vancouver where i met him and his lady for the first time. This was the best coincidence ever! The same night I was sitting at mogoli grill eating delicious food and meeting a bunch of people who are really good friends now!

Cheers to the Boardworld Community!

It’s good to see you on here, Rob. Michelle and I are stoked we met you and rad spending a season with you. See you in Münster in a few days. Welcome to Boardworld, mate! shaka

Welcome to Boardworld, Rob!!!!!

And more importantly, welcome to the Snowboarding Community!!!!! shaka

Hey guys, I’ve been lurking this forum a bit for the past few weeks and figured I should introduce myself.

Unlike most of the people on this forum I’m from Canada, going to be 19 in September. I’ve been snowboarding my whole life, but it’s never been consistent, one year my family would go on vacation and I’d snowboard for a few days and the next year I wouldn’t touch a snowboard.

The past few years I’ve been more and more interested at getting better at snowboarding but not having access to any decent hills, combined with the fact that snowboarding is an expensive sport has made that tough.

Last season after spending a week snowboarding I got the great idea of just moving to a resort and working there for a season. I figured I might as well move to the biggest resort in Canada which is what brings me to this forum, this forum has probably had the most information regarding working at Whistler that I could find so thanks to everyone that has contributed information about working at Whistler.

I’ve already attended the Whistler Job Fair in Toronto (I know I’m super lucky to live in a city that they recruit from) and I’m going to be working as a Rental Technician this upcoming season.

I’m excited to finally snowboard on a real mountain, the biggest thing I’ve snowboarded is Blue Mountain, which is pretty small compared to Whistler and was full of ice last season.

Also looking forward to meeting some Australians, I don’t think I have any Australian friends right now but I expect to have quite a few by the end of the season thumbsup.

Johnny - 18 July 2015 04:07 AM

Hey guys, I’ve been lurking this forum a bit for the past few weeks and figured I should introduce myself.

Unlike most of the people on this forum I’m from Canada, going to be 19 in September. I’ve been snowboarding my whole life, but it’s never been consistent, one year my family would go on vacation and I’d snowboard for a few days and the next year I wouldn’t touch a snowboard.

The past few years I’ve been more and more interested at getting better at snowboarding but not having access to any decent hills, combined with the fact that snowboarding is an expensive sport has made that tough.

Last season after spending a week snowboarding I got the great idea of just moving to a resort and working there for a season. I figured I might as well move to the biggest resort in Canada which is what brings me to this forum, this forum has probably had the most information regarding working at Whistler that I could find so thanks to everyone that has contributed information about working at Whistler.

I’ve already attended the Whistler Job Fair in Toronto (I know I’m super lucky to live in a city that they recruit from) and I’m going to be working as a Rental Technician this upcoming season.

I’m excited to finally snowboard on a real mountain, the biggest thing I’ve snowboarded is Blue Mountain, which is pretty small compared to Whistler and was full of ice last season.

Also looking forward to meeting some Australians, I don’t think I have any Australian friends right now but I expect to have quite a few by the end of the season thumbsup.

Welcome to BW Johnny. You’ll be psyched to get to whistler! I did the 08/09 season with Rider26. Best times of my life for sure. I worked at Dusty’s bar in Creek Side. Super fun. Ride most of the day, work during the nights. You’ll get plenty of shred time being a Rental Tech! Good luck out there! Beware the Aussies though!! Hahah! wink

Im sure you’ll make a WHOLE lot of Aussie friends off this forum!! You need to come out to Australia one and i’ll personally teach you to surf. Hows that for incentive. wink

Cheers!!

surferguy56 - 18 July 2015 04:16 PM

Welcome to BW Johnny. You’ll be psyched to get to whistler! I did the 08/09 season with Rider26. Best times of my life for sure. I worked at Dusty’s bar in Creek Side. Super fun. Ride most of the day, work during the nights. You’ll get plenty of shred time being a Rental Tech! Good luck out there! Beware the Aussies though!! Hahah! wink

Im sure you’ll make a WHOLE lot of Aussie friends off this forum!! You need to come out to Australia one and i’ll personally teach you to surf. Hows that for incentive. wink

Cheers!!

My brother loves surfing, he’s been trying to get me into it, but surfing the lakes here is crazy. I’d imagine learning in Australia would be better, don’t have to worry about getting hit by ice!