The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld — Introduce Yourself Here!

Ahoy friends! x

My name is Billy, and I used to be the resident BW drunk with her own smiley—> billy - that is, until I decided to get pregnant this year. How rude!

I’m 31 from Melbourne.

I’ve been a BW member since 2010 and a moderator in the girl’s section.

I’ve always snowboarded. I can’t remember life before it. I’m sure it wasn’t that much fun.

LOVE Japan, go every year… I’m a Hotham girl when I’m here in Oz.. (Can’t believe Azz hasn’t posted yet!)

LOVE LOVE LOVE all my BW buddies. I’ve met so many great friends here. The shred is my favourite and I’m so sad I’ll miss this year! downer

Fun days in Japow

BW Shred fun

Some of my fellow BW Mexicans on the right side of the tracks: Go VIC

Yep, pretty much…

Amine, I am ready when you are got a split and just got a pair of MTN Approach skis, let me know when you are around as I stay in Guthega at the first lodge Kyilla. Will be down there on 28th June for a week to start my season and then pretty much every fortnight following, look forward to hearing from you.
I thought the picture you have was Tate or Guthega Trig.

Hey guys, I’m Jack 19 next month. Been checking out boardworld for a couple of years after seeing a plug in one of baskwiths videos but only made a forum account last month.

Used to skate heaps and got really hyped on snowboarding last year and have taken the plunge working at perisher this season as a lifty.

With only 2 weeks total snowboarding experience I’m really keen to progress heaps this season and hopefully shred with some awesome people from this site.

OH HAI!!!  I’m h0z, aka Holly

I joined Boardworld when I was looking for advice on snowboarding,  - I used to be a skier, until 2010, then when I switched I was so lost… but now I’d never go back!!

I used to skate, but after being so long I’m so hopeless at it now haha!
In summer I pass the time by camping, SUPing, bike riding, etc

I love yoga! and cooking!

I love cars - I drive my little Zoom Zoom every where! -  Mazda 3 btw!, and I’m into photography.. just about to pull the trigger on a 24-70 usm II canon L series lens!! (omg its been a long time coming!) 

on the hill I looove flat land stuff! but do venture through the trees and off the occasional jump and box!
I’ve mainly ridden with guys, so I’ve had to learn pretty quickly to keep up! (not that I’m complaining) but I’ve found a couple of girls on here that are pretty awesome to ride with too!! - looking at everyone from last years girls day!! -  YEWW!!

Mr.h0z and I go as much as we possibly can every year -  every 2nd weekend and a 1 week and a 2 week trip! some times its just us, maybe 1 or 2 more.. other times there is up to 12 of us!

I’ve made heaps of new friends from boardworld - even set one up wink ! haha.. and had some awesome times!

anyways, here is a few pics! cheese

shaka

Billy - 02 June 2015 09:28 PM

Yep, pretty much…

Hahaha that’s great! LOL

I’m Dan!

I’ve been a ling time lurker but only this last season started commenting after I got to finally meet Jez and bunch of the guys here in Whis.

I’m from Victoria and started skiing on Mt Buffalo before it burned down, swapped to a board at 15yo and been boarding ever since. Falls was my local and then moved to Canberra so Perisher was it!

I proposed on the slopes at Cardrona, we got married at Dinner Plain at Mt Hotham, honeymooned in Niseko, then visited Whistler 2 years in a row and now we’re living here smile

I worked for Snowboard Addiction for a while here, but my freelance work has been keeping me too busy! So now it’s just balancing working from home, hanging with my wife and shredding the gnar (and other adventurous pursuits)

I do animation stuff @ danthegraphicsman.com

Photos by my buddy Jake Sims

I made this for Whis opening day the season just gone as well

Hi, SnowDragon here. Best defined as an outgoing introvert, I first joined BW in July 09 Wilst living in Alice Springs and jonesing for snow. I’m a snow kid, grew up in NY just off of one of the Great Lakes. I was pretty keen chasing proper snow throughout the US until I met an Aussie chick, long story short. 
I’ve always liked how other Boardworldians have always been very accepting and helpful. Never known people that love the sport so much and help when they can whenever they can, know what I mean?
I’m pretty old, and not fit, but I feel at home here - even when Azz tells me I’m annoying (probably doesn’t happen as often as it should)

Hey Ho, I’m Azz,

Love this place, I’m the first ever person to send Jez an email and complain about stuff not working. I’m still waiting for my framed certificate.

Made so many great friends through Boardworld, its such a great family.

Hotham is our home hill, close enough for day trips.

See everyone at #Planet_Hoth shred in August (except for Jez ~ #nojez)

Also stoked to learn that there is someone here older than Miz and I !!!!!

There are at least two older than even grandpa Mizu that I know of.
And just cause I don’t act it… don’t forget the 365days of seniority I have on you.

Hey everyone, my name is Deano!!

Have only been on boardworld since last year but have always loved having a few beers and going for a slide with mates!! Nothing beats it!

This year will be the longest i’ve gone without riding untill i get to canada in november! Can’t wait yewww

Hey Ho, I’m Mizu!!!!! shaka

Part of the furniture around here, with more post counts than a mail centre!!!!!

My Likes;

Family
Snowboarding
Snow
Japan
Travel
Food
Friends
The Ocean
Camping
BBQ
Laughing
Funny People
Movies
Flora & Fauna

My Dislikes;

Jeremy
Tax
Jeremy
Working
Jeremy
Illnesses
Jeremy

This is a picture of K2!!!!!

Hey friends!
I’m K2!
Or Teach! Or teacher boy. Or Hugh. Or Shartman! Stories behind all of them.

Been on the old BOARDWORLD since 2009 when it was a wee baby!
Been moderating all over the site for as long as I can remember now.

Spent the last 6+ years running the sports department in a school (hence the name) and now currently working at BOUNCEinc!

I’m known here for my speling teacherboy (hence the smiley) haha
And being an all round clown!

I won the BOARDWORLD shred top to bottom race at Thredbo and destroyed my board legs and liver in the process

And there is a k2 award each year for the biggest slam. Named after me from this gnarly overshoot

Love my boarding like I live life.

I’m a skate boarder, snow boarder and passionate photographer.

Love to get out in the action and throw myself down some white water too

BOARDWORLD has opened up some amazing life experiences for me from meeting and interviewing some of my heroes

..to three months of unemployed, unadulterated madness loving in whistler.

Everyone one is welcome to this rad place we call BW

PEACE N LOVE
Ur local hippy

Hey all! It’s been a while since I’ve posted in the forums.

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Michelle (aka. Jeremy’s better half and The Boss) or reason for this smiley michelle. I like long walks on the beach, swimming with dolphins, and riding horses into the sunset.

I have been a part of Boardworld since before it was Boardworld, back in 2008. I am a skier from Whistler, that is until I met Jeremy. I now own 3 boards and did more snowboarding on my days off than skiing last season.

I love to travel and set out on new adventures as often as I can. I am currently backpacking my way through Europe with Jeremy, then it’s onto Whistler for the foreseeable future.

Make sure you hit us up if you are in our neck of the woods, we will have a couch, beer, and plenty of friends to shred with, waiting for you.

See you soon thumbsup

This is our dog Chilli

My cat Oliver or Ollie

My other dog in Canada, Lucky

Photo from our wedding in the Bahamas

One of Jeremy and I in Barcelona

Well I am C J Parker, also known as Seiji. I met Jeremy through working with him at STM, (do owe him some thanks for backing me for the job). Got the opportunity to stoke people on skateboarding and finally expand my life into snowboarding.
When Jeremy told me about Boardworld, I was stoked for him. To see it become what it is today is amazing and even better to be there from the start.
I now live in the UK and have since become a dad, so skating and snowboarding doesn’t get to be main priority as much as before, but the love is always there. Skateboarding has always been a love for me and the product side a passion. The equipment side will be where I spend most of my time, so I will be trying to answer your questions as quickly as possible. Keep an eye peeled for articles that will help you with product.
Will post some pictures soon of what goes on in my life.
In the meantime guys, feel free to message me if you need help with anything. Look forward to seeing you all on the forums.

Skate shot

My little girl

Family shot

I’m Dean, I board and I get people drunk for a living. Oh and also look after Dyldo’s drunk ass. Moved to Whis 8 months ago and don’t think i’m going to return anytime soon.