The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb 2014-2015 — Official Thread

rider26 - 27 March 2015 04:38 AM
Allan.S - 26 March 2015 04:20 PM

Quick question guys, has the mountain been known to hire prior to the job fairs? worth me being the keen one i am and rocking up in October and trying to get interview and or land a job early. Even if it meant i didn’t start working for the Mountain till opening or such as I’ll have the funds to cover myself.

Also i’ll be picking up my gear in Vancouver, anyone know of some good places and or people that can hook a brother up and help me spend some cash.  cheese

Keep your eye on the current postings on the WB website every day. It was be a random opening, but there’s every chance a position could open up on short notice for whatever reason. Just keep a close eye on it. Unlikely I would say, but it can definitely happen. The only job they actively hire early for are ski and snowboard instructors.

Sorry jez but that is so very very wrong, my interview was late September, even tho the job didnt start until mid november.
Keep an eye on their employment page as jeremy said, from memory the applications opened around mid-late july

No worries, thanks again guys! love ya work thumbsup

Dylan, what? Not sure I understand what you’re saying. wink

Your job started in November and they interviewed you in December?

#nojez is playing with my posts again wall

DylanV - 28 March 2015 10:41 PM

#nojez is playing with my posts again wall

I didn’t touch it. You just can’t type. LOL

It’s been a good few days in Whistler but today was one of the best this season. Fresh Tracks with the boys… and shredding all morning. First chair up Harmony. Face shots all day. A destroyed snowboard (Dan, let us know how Yohann goes with the repair). Great times with good friends. shaka

Also, thank you to everyone for coming out for drinks and Sushi Village on my birthday!

This is my best pow day ever in the 6 seasons I’ve been riding. Maybe not the most epic, but in terms of just the quality AND amount of runs. I’ve never had this many fresh powder runs in a day. Literally from 830 to 1230 all we rode is powder (for the main runs), the only non pow runs are short runs and cat tracks back to the lift.

Also rode my Fish today and it’s glorious. Floats with no effort and super surfy.

Yeah could’t agree more.

Absolute Killer day - I feel like that was a taste of what Japow offers on a constant basis. my back leg is pretty damn sore. So many “yiiiieeeeeew” moments i just dont even know.

great riding posse as always.

shaka

How’s that 148 doing for you Rhys ahaha raspberry

haha the board was fine, the binding ladder was the struggle.

It sure looked like it was handling it fine when you were cartwheeling down that face. LOL

Rhys is just practicing one of those new fangled tricks like all the cool kids are doing these days.

He’s too old for that shit! wink

rider26 - 31 March 2015 10:44 AM

He’s too old for that shit! wink

Ha dont go throwing around that “old” word Jez, you’ll loose every time!

Yeah not gonna lie that was a hit to the old noggin. just lost the nose and couldn’t lift it up fast enough. :(

It came back up pretty quick during “phase 2” of the cartwheel. LOL