The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb 2014-2015 — Official Thread

This past week has been awesome for me. Recently signed the lease on a house in Bayshores/Creekside. I’ll be moving out of staff housing a week Friday and everyone else will be moving in on May 1st. I’m finally quitting this awful job at Four Seasons tomorrow and start work as a Baker at PureBread on Friday. My visa is coming along and just received my CAL. Just waiting for my police check to submit it and then i’m sorted.

On top of all of that, the snow has been great the past few days! Hopefully it stays this way.

That’s awesome John!

Yep, stoked for you, John. Really great news all round. thumbsup

We got out of our lease and move above the grocery store in 3 weeks. Hells yeh shaka

That’s rad. Just for the summer?

Just had my first day at purebread. it was the best day at work I’ve had in a long time.

Nah for good,

Why did you want to move out of your place? Just wanted a closer location?

Do you know if your place will be available for a one-year lease this winter? LOL (serious).

Yeh man wanted to be in the village for next winter, 2 min walk to work etc.

Haha it is available right meow for a year lease. We have had a fair few people come look asking about year/2 year leases.

There goes that idea haha… we can’t take a lease until winter.

Sorry mate!

THE WORLD SKIING INVITATIONAL / AFP WORLD TOUR FINALS AND MONSTER ENERGY SHRED SHOW RETURN TO THE WORLD SKI & SNOWBOARD FESTIVAL IN WHISTLER, BC

Both Events To See Schedule And Venue Changes for 2015

WHISTLER, BC April 7, 2015 – The World Skiing Invitational (WSI) / Association of Freeskiing Professionals (AFP) World Tour Finals and the Monster Energy Shred Show will both return to the World Ski & Snowboard Festival (WSSF) this spring. As always, the events will draw the top ski and snowboard athletes from around the world to Whistler but spectators should take note, both events will see some major schedule changes for 2015.

“For the first time in three years we will have Men and Women’s Halfpipe as part of the WSI / AFP World Tour Finals,” says Sue Eckersley, Event Director for the World Ski & Snowboard Festival. “We are really excited to have all three ski disciplines back on the WSSF schedule for 2015. Other changes to note, the Gibbons Big Air (ski) has been relocated to the terrain park on Blackcomb Mountain due to the challenging snow conditions at lower elevations, which have prevented us from being able to host the Big Air in Skier’s Plaza as we usually do.”

The WSI / AFP World Tour Finals will take place on Blackcomb Mountain from April 10 to 12, with Slopestyle scheduled for April 10, the Gibbons Big Air on April 11 and the Halfpipe and Superhit events on April 12. More information, including a detailed schedule, event formats and the selection criteria is available at wssf.com/World-Skiing-Invitational.

With the Gibbons Big Air happening during Whistler Blackcomb’s operating hours, WSSF has introduced Gibbons Plazapalooza, a new event designed to bring the same energy and excitement people have come to love and expect in Skier’s Plaza on the first Saturday night of the festival. Gibbons Plazapalooza will take place between 8pm and 10pm and will include a replay of the Gibbons Big Air broadcast on the Main Stage big screens hosted by legendary emcee, Brad Jay, as well as dancing, fire spinners, a drum line and a DJ set from Mat The Alien. Plus, Neph and Swollen Members will perform in Skier’s Plaza leading up to Gibbons Plazapalooza beginning at 6pm.

The Monster Energy Shred Show will also see some schedule changes this year at WSSF. The Boarderstyle, which pits four riders against each other in a head-to-head boardercross-style race integrated with slopestyle terrain features, is scheduled for April 17 in the terrain park on Blackcomb Mountain. The event is open to anyone, with registration currently available online through to April 14. New this year, the Boarderstyle will see a separate Women’s category and there is $6,500 in total prize money to be won at the event. The Monster Energy Shred Show Invitational Slopestyle will take place on April 18, also in the Blackcomb terrain park.

The Monster Energy Shred Show will not include a Big Air event this year. Instead, Monster will be keeping the energy high in Skier’s Plaza on the second Saturday night of WSSF with a motocross show at the base of Whistler Mountain. There will also be free concerts from Jazz Cartier and YelaWolf on the Main Stage beginning at 7:30pm.

More information about the Monster Energy Shred Show, including a detailed scheduled and the list of confirmed athletes is available at http://wssf.com/The-Shred-Show.

We had a meeting about this at work last night. So fucking excited! The motocross jump is right in front of our patio, shit is going to get wild!

deanobruce - 11 April 2015 03:13 AM

We had a meeting about this at work last night. So fucking excited! The motocross jump is right in front of our patio, shit is going to get wild!

Cant fucking wait for this! 65ft jump with the run in from down past the gondy entrance

Oh and dont forget the mechanical bull tonight deano! if anyones in town come down and give it a crack!

Looks like I missed a great day on Saturday, but the last two days have been awesome. Rode Peak laps with Finney yesterday; had some great pow turns in VD tress. Today I rode solo… super fun, barely anyone on the mountain, made good use of my time (see below haha). It’s been dumping all day, all the way to the bottom (it’s still snowing outside our place in Creekside). Great snow quality up there and it’s incredible how everything has filled in mid mountain over the last few days. Get out there, guys! shaka