The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb 2014-2015 — Official Thread

totally jealous everyone got some good pow this saturday!

But I did get to pick up our new puppy so you know, its not all bad.  cheese

She’ll be a snow dog in no time!

Had a shit tonne of fun today.

Did Fresh Tracks, got some untouched freshies off to skiiers right of Emerald, then hiked up the cat ttrack and dropped into Harmony (the girl called it her best run ever) with shin/ knee deep most of the way down and got 3rd chair behind our buddies. Then bombed over to Symphony and got first chair up and thrashed around there for an hour or 2 until my ankle was giving out then called it a day.

Good fucking times.

Hey Guys!

Came across these forums other day and hands down after scrolling through I’ve come to the conclusion everyone is straight up awesome and so helpful. I’m packing up things here in Aus and heading over in early Nov or late Oct for my first snow season in Canada. Just wanted to say keep the rad posts going and can’t wait to get out there myself and catch up with whoever is down for some beers, good memories and boarding next season.

Cheers, Allan rocker

Welcome on board Allan. It’s a great group of people here and you’ll learn heaps or teach others heaps. Both are good smile

Allan.S - 24 March 2015 06:14 PM

Hey Guys!

Came across these forums other day and hands down after scrolling through I’ve come to the conclusion everyone is straight up awesome and so helpful. I’m packing up things here in Aus and heading over in early Nov or late Oct for my first snow season in Canada. Just wanted to say keep the rad posts going and can’t wait to get out there myself and catch up with whoever is down for some beers, good memories and boarding next season.

Cheers, Allan rocker

Welcome to Boardworld, Allan! shaka

You’ve come to the right place. Many of us call Whistler home and we have a large group of Boardworld buddies (and always growing). Definitely stay involved on the forums and we will certainly catch up when you get here… beers, shredding, hanging out… it’s what we do!

You should join this Facebook group I just created: https://www.facebook.com/groups/boardworldwhistler

Also: https://www.facebook.com/groups/boardworldgroup

Let us know if you have any questions or need advice about anything. Looking forward to having you here!

Thanks heaps and if something comes to mind I’ll let ya’s know.

Found my house for the summer today. I’ll be moving in to a house in Bayshores on May 1st. Can’t wait to finally get out of staff housing.

Congrats dude! You’ll have a blast in the summer!

PosiJohn - 25 March 2015 07:48 PM

Found my house for the summer today. I’ll be moving in to a house in Bayshores on May 1st. Can’t wait to finally get out of staff housing.

awesome man, whens the house warming?! haha

i’ll be up this weekend for a day with the pup if anyone wants to come say hi (potentially saturday) - i might try and get a few runs in too.

We’ll no doubt have one in the first week of May!

How long are you up for on Saturday? I’d love to meet Sydney after work.

That’s awesome, John. Congratulations!

I lived in Bayshores during my first season back in 05/06.

Quick question guys, has the mountain been known to hire prior to the job fairs? worth me being the keen one i am and rocking up in October and trying to get interview and or land a job early. Even if it meant i didn’t start working for the Mountain till opening or such as I’ll have the funds to cover myself.

Also i’ll be picking up my gear in Vancouver, anyone know of some good places and or people that can hook a brother up and help me spend some cash.  cheese

John, def catch you after work - i’ve gotta give you $$ as well.

Allan, not sure about the hire pre job fair - but the gear is an easy one.  The Turkey Sale in whistler usually the 2nd weekend in October- The GF and I got new gear there this year, always a good deal to be had (mostly last years stock but HEAPS of it and usually 60% off) If i’m gonna buy something new that season, thats when I do it
ALSO
West 4th ave and Burrard st in Vancouver have about 6 board shops in a row. its very close to Downtown (and 3 blocks from my house) every year they have a sale in October thats usually about 40-60% off that years NEW stock.

Allan.S - 26 March 2015 04:20 PM

Quick question guys, has the mountain been known to hire prior to the job fairs? worth me being the keen one i am and rocking up in October and trying to get interview and or land a job early. Even if it meant i didn’t start working for the Mountain till opening or such as I’ll have the funds to cover myself.

Also i’ll be picking up my gear in Vancouver, anyone know of some good places and or people that can hook a brother up and help me spend some cash.  cheese

Keep your eye on the current postings on the WB website every day. It was be a random opening, but there’s every chance a position could open up on short notice for whatever reason. Just keep a close eye on it. Unlikely I would say, but it can definitely happen. The only job they actively hire early for are ski and snowboard instructors.

With gear you can also do a road trip down to Seattle outlet malls in Tulalip. They have a few stores that stock boards and are generally a decent price in comparison to the main retail stores for full price gear.