The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Boardworld Shred 2013 - Dates, Thredbo. Lock it in!

For sure.

You are such a good bloke Jez, the rumours Mizu spreads about you, just ain’t true smile

Warren Chapstick - 21 March 2013 02:02 AM

I was just looking into some accommodation and wanted to know who’s staying the full 8nights??

Because there is three spots availabe to stay with me and four others (saucey and his misses, fatima and his misses and dolph)

Cost is $600.00 for the 8nights at De Dacha thredbo….......... Check the pad out its huge, iv’e stayed here before and loved it!!

PM if your keen shaka

Hey so I am seriously considering this now (but only if I can share with you eh wink )

But couple of other questions.

How many people do you need 2 or 3 more? (Its a bit confusing above cause it sounds like there is 6 of you already) if you are dividing the cost by 9 does that mean someone is on the sofa in lounge?
Also what nites are the 8 nights? Arriving Friday or Saturday?

Pretty sure there’s 10 Beds/Spots in De Dacha?????

3 x Doubles plus room that has 4 Bunks!!!!! (From memory, and I am a Grandfather now as well, so I could have dreamt that)

I think i speak for Billy and myself, we just want to stay where the party is.

De Dacha is a great Party House!!!!!  shaka

It’s furnished like Nana Gretchen’s house in Austria, but there’s only one neighbour to piss off, and the frontage is the Village Green, so ya got heaps of room to run free!!!!!

If I was goin, I’d def stay there!!!!!

The sooner Jez has some details for us the better, hopefully this doesn’t build into another sundeck vs station situation…

At this stage I plan to do at least Saturday/Sunday and I’ll see if I can rearrange a school to have the Monday off as well (might ride Perisher with my freedom pass on this day though)

Mizu Kuma - 22 March 2013 02:26 AM

If I was goin, I’d def stay there!!!!!

mad

Too old for that shit now!!!!!

My Liver nearly left me last time I went!!!!! And I can’t help myself, so NO, I don’t posses “Self Control”!!!!!  long face

To be fair I’m not a big drinker myself so struggle to understand the “self control” issue but surely the body would hold up to a brief weekend visit?

You survived Japan the land of huge bottles of Biru and many varieties of sake.

Just feels odd when boardworlds most prolific poster will have skipped the shred for the 2nd year in a row.

I’m sure you’d clean up in the pushup comps as well!

I’d struggle to push myself outta bed every mornin!!!!!  LOL

My plan is to spend every spare coin on OS Trips from now on!!!!!

Unlike you guys, I started Snowboarding late, had very limited time on snow cause I had my kids when I was young, and my plan is to make the most out of my ability to stand sideways until I can no longer!!!!! (And NO, that doesn’t mean that I will face forward!!!!! That will NEVER happen!!!!!)

Haha fair enough I can certainly relate to the OS trip fever I already have my next few trips pencilled in (if I can ever drag myself away from Japow)

I wasn’t a spring chicken myself. I hadn’t even been to the snow until I was the ripe old age of 29 but have tried to make the most out of it ever since.

Hey Miz,

Just out of interest, at what age did you start boarding?

34 I think I was?????

Only went down for 5 days each year, until I did a few stints in 2010 I think it was!!!!!

You’ll have to forgive my memory, or lack of one!!!!!

I’m 45 this year!!!!!

You can do the calculus!!!!!  cheese