The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Parkour and freerunning.

Hi guys,

Have any of you participated in Parkour and/or freerunning?

I want to start getting lessons it looks like a mad fun way to stay fit! I reckon it will help me with my balance in the air as well! I’m sure it’d be difficult to pick up but definitely something I’m interested in giving a shot.

Lemme know if you have tried it out/know someone who has and if you have, did you take lessons? Where?

Cheers!

Was always funny watching people try it on southbank in Melbourne. Saw a hell of a lot of retarded looking “tricks” and even more injuries haha

Would keep you hell fit though if you regularly did it

Get good Health Insurance!!!!!

haha yeah! Ive never seen anyone practicing it but I’ve always been interested. I wonder if you can practice in a gymnastics gym with foam pits and safety nets first haha.

Mizu Kuma - 18 March 2013 05:58 AM

Get good Health Insurance!!!!!

and yeah you’re right… I’m clumsy enough as it is without jumping between buildings! I tripped over my office chair the other day!!!!

Sounds like a good start then!!!!!  gulp

I was doing that type of stuff at a gymnastics place in Footscray with my crossfit trainer for a while. was hella fun, but we also incorporated gym based stuff and general gymnastics stuff

I think to do it well you need a life of training to be a ninja wink
A lifetime training in gymnastics or at least many years being good/committed during the development years.

As an adult I don’t think it’s a viable “sport” to start. Start with gymnastics in a controlled environment, hit up trampolining and get good on the balance beam.

Not sure they could teach you anything in lessons that you couldn’t teach yourself? Or do you have to get a lesson so that you feel comfortable or safe trying?
That seems to be a growing trend in these days which I find a bit worrying. Whatever happened to just going and playing around and doing it? Pretty sure falling and stacking and injuring yourself is part and parcel of it as an activity.

Of all the things to learn, pretty sure everyone who was any good at parkour has just taught themselves. You should have some level of awareness of what you and your body is capable of, so I say just go and give it a whirl. Its also free!

[youtube]I4VinLOXl54#![/youtube]

combine both your interests, like this smile

trentradpants - 20 March 2013 09:04 PM

[youtube]I4VinLOXl54#![/youtube]

combine both your interests, like this smile

Bahahahaaa, that is the BEST thing I’ve seen in a while!!!!!  LOL

hahahahahahhah that is so good

hahaha that’s so funny love it! Yeah maybe I’ll just get into some gymnastic stuff smile We’ll see! and I reckon you can teach yourself, Im going to be practicing flips and stuff on the rents trampoline and into the pool just for some fun :D

Such a funny video. I can see a whole day devoted to that at the shred.

snowbum_spaz - 21 March 2013 08:04 AM

Such a funny video. I can see a whole day devoted to that at the shred.

surely a prize for best free style walking on snow at the shred?