The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Boardworld Shred 2013 - Dates, Thredbo. Lock it in!

Mizu Kuma - 22 March 2013 03:02 AM

You can do the calculus!!!!!  cheese

I don’t even think the combined prcoessing power of the computers in this lab could crunch numbers that large!  tongue wink

Okay, I’ll get my Macbook Pro out then!!!!!  smirk

haha touche LOL

That’s great news!!!!

I’m always kicking myself for finding it a late age (27), but that makes me feel much better.  cheese

I wish I had a bag of Pine Cones on me!!!!!

As long as they’re not like this one!  LOL  LOL  LOL

rider26 - 22 March 2013 12:12 AM
CRACKERS - 21 March 2013 10:29 PM

Where is the Shred HQ?

I will be looking to set everything up at the River Inn again. Great location and they were super helpful with deals for members last time. I will be speaking to our friends at Oz Snow Adventures next week to see what we can work out.

River Inn was great when Dan, Oz and I stayed there with Oz’s work. For mountain access it can’t be beat for catering to all levels of shredder.
Make sure to get lunch coupons!!! I mean it - lunch was a high point of everyone meeting, gathering together for the afternoons activities be it going for a arvo slide or kicking back in the sun for more beverages.

Azz - 22 March 2013 12:29 AM

We are looking at heading up on the Thursday, can you please ask about deals that include the 12th as well?

Thinking there will be 5 or 6 of us smile

I can look into this too if you want Azz? But I assume you don’t want self contained (all deals I have are self contained and decent places).
Are you staying the whole time (12th - 20th)?? Or just the weekend? You can always use the money you save to have breaky at RiverInn (from memory -and I’m old like Mizu- it’s about $11 for b’fast)

deanobruce - 22 March 2013 02:21 AM

I think i speak for Billy and myself, we just want to stay where the party is.

No doubt it will vary depending on the night, dinner arrangements that night, and what bar we may end up at. Pub crawl again I presume (toaster thievery optional). Heller Keller will have closed for operations by then but the Schuss is where things went bonkers and ended the night there anyway. Now I’m having flashbacks - texta rampage, K2 going missing!!! and the way everyone moaned (or made no noise) the next morning.
But that was the last night. This time it will be at the start of the BWShred.

drc13 - 22 March 2013 02:29 AM

hopefully this doesn’t build into another sundeck vs station situation…

It always does, 2011 was RiverInn v’s Ullr v’s ShredShed. I gues this year it will be River Inn v’s DeDouchbags v’s ShredShed

Holy crap that’s one big cone gulp

Tills - 22 March 2013 03:33 AM

As long as they’re not like this one!  LOL  LOL  LOL

That’s exactly what I had in mind!!!!!  LOL

snowbum_spaz - 22 March 2013 03:37 AM

River Inn was great when Dan, Oz and I stayed there with Oz’s work. For mountain access it can’t be beat for catering to all levels of shredder.

This!!!

I honestly have no idea where I am going to be stay or for how long.

But i think that the family rooms t the river would be great for Shredders who want a step up from Shred Shed. The sleep 6

Especially for the weekend only people

It always does, 2011 was RiverInn v’s Ullr v’s ShredShed. I gues this year it will be River Inn v’s DeDouchbags v’s ShredShed

You know what does it matter??

I can understand the Ullr boys wanting to pimp it up because for some of them it may be there only weekend on snow.

But if I was going to pimp it up I would stay in woodridge but to each his own!

99% will be in thredbo and thats what matters!

ozgirl - 22 March 2013 04:37 AM

This!!!

I honestly have no idea where I am going to be stay or for how long.

But i think that the family rooms t the river would be great for Shredders who want a step up from Shred Shed. The sleep 6

Especially for the weekend only people

You know what does it matter??

I can understand the Ullr boys wanting to pimp it up because for some of them it may be there only weekend on snow.

But if I was going to pimp it up I would stay in woodridge but to each his own!

99% will be in thredbo and thats what matters!

I agree. As long as we all end up in the same place for a beer at the end of a <s>hard days work</s> fun days shredding, it really doesn’t matter where I sleep smile

That’s it. Doesn’t matter. Do what’s best for yourself and your crew. Just get to Thredbo.

We will all shred, party and have an unreal time! rocker

It’s mostly done in good spirit isnt it?
I don’t have a problem where people stay (and certainly wasn’t trying to incite any ill will).

I was under the impression daDuchbags cheese hadn’t yet booked and was indirectly offering my ability to find cheaper while making all shredders aware there will affordable options available so we can ensure everyone gets there no matter their budget.

Indecently; it looks like I may be driving from the sunny coast on the 9th or 10th if there’s anyone needing a lift!

deanobruce - 22 March 2013 02:21 AM

I think i speak for Billy and myself, we just want to stay where the party is.

You said it! billy

This year I’ll be in top form, last year - that flu I had was shithouse. Sad face!

I really liked the shred shed! I’d be all over that again!