The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Boardworld Shred 2013 - Dates, Thredbo. Lock it in!

TJswish - 21 March 2013 04:12 AM

Greeny, that place is pretty expensive and a mile from the River Inn and the gunbarrel express.

Why don’t you look into something like Woodridge 18 which is still hella nice and down near everyone else and cheaper - 4186 for 7 nights, up to 8 people. $525 each.

That place you posted, in spring is going to be one hell of a walk back to the bus if their isn’t top to bottom down the supertrail. And to any events at the River Inn on any other nights.

Plus you never know what deals Jez is going to post smile

Where gunna stay 8 nights!! And were right at the village and the bars etc….
The buses run to the gunbarrel from right near where staying, and if there is an event at the river inn we can just walk down or drive if it got that bad, just like when we stayed at the house of ullr….
75 bucks extra isn’t that bad…....

Tempting,

Warren Chapstick - 21 March 2013 11:28 AM
TJswish - 21 March 2013 04:12 AM

Greeny, that place is pretty expensive and a mile from the River Inn and the gunbarrel express.

Why don’t you look into something like Woodridge 18 which is still hella nice and down near everyone else and cheaper - 4186 for 7 nights, up to 8 people. $525 each.

That place you posted, in spring is going to be one hell of a walk back to the bus if their isn’t top to bottom down the supertrail. And to any events at the River Inn on any other nights.

Plus you never know what deals Jez is going to post smile

Where gunna stay 8 nights!! And were right at the village and the bars etc….
The buses run to the gunbarrel from right near where staying, and if there is an event at the river inn we can just walk down or drive if it got that bad, just like when we stayed at the house of ullr….
75 bucks extra isn’t that bad…....

Isn’t it up at crackenback?

it’s on the village green.

IT’s a bit of a walk for the bus comparatively, but nothing is far from anything in Thredbo - especially when there are no hills to walk up or snow to hike through. De Dacha is a great location.

Put it this way - it’s one of the places that I would walk to, to deliver pizza even if was snow/sleet, and even in rain if it was’t too heavy.

For 600 each I can find you nicer digs or something suitable but cheaper.
Also 9x75=675 thats a lot of drinking money fot the house.

Warren Chapstick - 21 March 2013 02:02 AM

I was just looking into some accommodation and wanted to know who’s staying the full 8nights??

Because there is three spots availabe to stay with me and four others (saucey and his misses, fatima and his misses and dolph)

Cost is $600.00 for the 8nights at De Dacha thredbo….......... Check the pad out its huge, iv’e stayed here before and loved it!!

PM if your keen shaka

The misuses are coming????? woohoo!!!!!

Warren Chapstick - 21 March 2013 02:02 AM

I was just looking into some accommodation and wanted to know who’s staying the full 8nights??

Because there is three spots availabe to stay with me and four others (saucey and his misses, fatima and his misses and dolph)

Cost is $600.00 for the 8nights at De Dacha thredbo….......... Check the pad out its huge, iv’e stayed here before and loved it!!

PM if your keen shaka

Pretty tempted ,  might even teach you how to count while I’m there

hehehe

Where is the Shred HQ?

De Dacha is an awesome setup!!!!!

Hot Tub on the deck, 3 bathrooms, Dryin Room, Garage for all ya boards, 3 mins to the village, 5 secs to the Duck Pond, plenty of parkin at the door, BBQ, Combustion Fire, A couple of decks, move the dining table, and the Lounge/Dining is huge…..............

I can see where the festivities will be!!!!!  shaka

CRACKERS - 21 March 2013 10:29 PM

Where is the Shred HQ?

From what rider has said, it’s likely to be the River Inn again. I know last time we all stayed in the large room there it had a decent amount of space etc.

If we end up somewhere else, it’s looking like there might be at least 2 properties in the village which could be used as a base of operations.

Hopefully there is enough snow for top to bottom but like always we shouldn’t get our hopes up smile

I thought they always seem to run a goat track to the bottom, pretty much till the close of every season now?????

Highnoon and Super Trail!!!!!

And anyways, if they can’t, ya can still access the top of the mountain via either terminal?????

CRACKERS - 21 March 2013 10:29 PM

Where is the Shred HQ?

I will be looking to set everything up at the River Inn again. Great location and they were super helpful with deals for members last time. I will be speaking to our friends at Oz Snow Adventures next week to see what we can work out.

shaka

We are looking at heading up on the Thursday, can you please ask about deals that include the 12th as well?

Thinking there will be 5 or 6 of us smile