The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Help finding Bindings please…..

Hi Guys

Need help finding a new set of bindings, found a few but confused on which suits best and quality wise.… 

Have been snowboarding for 2 season-ish,  so more after all an mountain/freestyle bindings if possible.

Board type : Channel
Boot size : Size 9US , Thirtytwo boots

Have found the below bindings but has anyone got good/bad reviews etc.

Ride EX
Rome 2017 united
Drake 2017 King
Ride 2015 revolt
M3 2017 pivot
Technine element EV
Fix binding Co 2018 truce

Thanks all.

Welcome to Boardworld, @V2003! punch

I received your PM and have replied with some more suggestions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

@V2003

Out of that list, the only ones I’d consider is the Romes.

Personally I would suggest a set of Medium Union ST or Force bindings. With the ST being more playful and park like vs the Force which are more all mountain style.

The baseplates on Union bindings are all channel compatible and they have a lifetime warranty on their baseplates and heel cups!

Other brands to look into would be Flux (which other members on here froth over), Burton since they have specialized channel bindings and Now with their special flex bases being good for both park and all mountain.

@TJswish

Cheers for this , appreciate the reply..

Currently have the following in my mind but still deciding .

Now IPO’s
Burton free style boots (depending if i can get a disc to suit channel)
Ride SPI (something i can use for the mean time)

Thanks

@V2003

Hey mate,

The Burton Freestyles are their bottom of the line binding. I generally don’t like getting the cheapest one because they often don’t have comfortable foot beds and use cheaper materials leading to a less comfortable binding.

If you’re keen on the Burton range, check out the Missions which are park style but still stiff enough you can ride anywhere. They also come in EST which is the best style for the channel system.

Otherwise, the Now IPOs are probably the best choice on your list. Skate tech gives you more response and is awesome for more pop on a snowboard. They work with the channel system and are a favourite of @rider26 with his review here: https://www.boardworld.com.au/articles/now-ipo-bindings-review

They are also available on the BW store here: https://www.boardworld.com.au/products/now-ipo-snowboard-bindings-2017-black. I’d personally vouch for them as a shop as everything I’ve bought has arrived in excellent condition and very quick.

I would go for the IPO for sure. Can’t beat Skate-Tech at that price point. One of the best value bindings under $400, in my opinion.

Thank you for the recommendation, @TJswish.