The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Falls Creek 2015

Hey all,

Big news for myself. Just got offered to be the IT guy at Falls Creek for the season. Quit my job (with 3.5 weeks notice) this afternoon and I move to Falls on May 23rd. Will try to get some good photos and stories up for you and hopefully can make some good videos to highlight my time in Mexico… I mean Victoria.

If anyone is heading up to Falls, totally hit me up for a beer or a shred, I get 2 days off a week but also will be riding as part of my job (they say anyway).

This also opens up the opportunity to move back to Canada at the end of the year if I feel like it.

Shred on and get Gnarly!

TJ

Great stuff mate!!!!!

We have bought Falls passes this year…........ not that I’ll drive the five hours to get there, lucky they also work at Hotham smile

Great news, I hope it’s a decent season.  I probably won’t get across to Falls as we are based on-mountain at Hotham, but still hope to see you at the Shred.

Woot! So stocked for you TJ.

Azz glad you got a seasons pass this year!

Congrats TJ!!

I am hoping to get up to Falls this season so I might catch you there.

ozgirl - 30 April 2015 01:10 PM

Woot! So stocked for you TJ.

Azz glad you got a seasons pass this year!

Thanks Oz, us too!!!!!!

If the U.S. Deal is on next year Perisher passes will be seriously considered.

I think I know what TJ’s first task is going to be…

Dear Hero Pass Holder,

Last night the balance of your Hero Pass(es) was to be deducted from your credit card, however due to a glitch in our system the scheduled payment did not occur.
We are working through this issue and we are hopeful to have this resolved over the following week.
This will not affect your Hero Passes in any way, nor is there any need to contact our offices as if for any reason your payment does not go through, we will contact you.
Our apologies for any inconvenience caused and we hope you have a terrific weekend and we look forward to seeing you on the slopes.

If you have already paid in full, please disregard this email.
Kind Regards
Tickets Department

Falls Creek Ski Lifts &                  Mount Hotham Skiing Company
Merlin Entertainments Group
PO Box 55 FALLS CREEK VIC 3699     PO BOX 140 Bright VIC 3741
p + 61 3 5758 1000                     p + 61 3 5759 4436
f + 61 3 5758 3416                       f +61 3 5759 3164      
e .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)                e .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
http://www.skifalls.com.au                  http://www.hotham.com.au

If you can somehow make it so my hero pass is marked as paid without the actual paying part tj, I’ll shout you many pizzas from the man, even off the gourmet list!

Haha wish I could guys but I don’t start till the 23rd so all your passes will likely be already paid for.

If people are coming up, make sure you hit me up before organising stuff (Once I’ve moved in) to see if I can get any deals for Family and Friends. I’ll likely be in direct contact with some higher ups so who knows what type of pull I’ll have smile

Good news buddy! congrats!!! will hit you up for a shred if i’m up there! =)
Let us know if you plan to be in Melbourne town sometime too, first drinks on me. =)

grunge - 04 May 2015 10:56 PM

Good news buddy! congrats!!! will hit you up for a shred if i’m up there! =)
Let us know if you plan to be in Melbourne town sometime too, first drinks on me. =)

If I can get a ride to Melbourne for a few days off I will try. I have a few friends in Melbourne who will put me up.

Main issue for me is it’ll likely be week days so it’s less appealing for me to go down and visit people who have to work lol. Especially while there is still snow on the floor wink

So there is 5 days till I leave (4 more of work).

I have officially moved out most of my stuff out of my house (bar my computer for entertainment, a few clothes and and doona.)

And I think there is still snow on the floor at Falls Creek. Watch out for lots of updates, I’ll try to keep posting as many pics and things as possible. Hopefully I can convince some of you weekend warriors to come visit smile

Congrats on the gig at falls TJ!  clap clap

Thanks dude. It’s been really good so far, smashing out work where I can and making lots of new friends.

I’m quite surprised how many lifties have never seen snow or are 2 day beginners this year!

Have my alpine pass…at the ready, head up from albury as often as possible to Falls, have been doin it since ‘03….love it, love Falls! smile

Let us know when you get here mate. I’ll have a beer and a shred with you if you’re keen smile