The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Falls Creek 2015

Always up for a shred and a beer! cool grin

Just booked accomm at Mt Beauty from 9th - 12th July, looking forward to getting 3 solid days on the Falls slopes, never been there before.  Will definitely catch up for a shred.  Cannot wait to try out my new board!

oi TJ, whats going on up there snow wise? Is this system dumping much??

About 10cm at staff accom. Probably a lot more up at cloud 9 or higher.

Hopefully I can get up there today (for work) and get a good top of the mountain shot.

Hey TJ, any recommendations for places to stay in/around Falls Creek for a weekend now you’re a local and know the area? Thinking of coming up for a weekend early July and considering the last time I went to Falls I was probably about 8 years old, my knowledge of the area is pretty much minimal! What’s the drive like from Bright? Or would it be better staying on the mountain do you reckon?

air180 - 03 June 2015 11:42 AM

Hey TJ, any recommendations for places to stay in/around Falls Creek for a weekend now you’re a local and know the area? Thinking of coming up for a weekend early July and considering the last time I went to Falls I was probably about 8 years old, my knowledge of the area is pretty much minimal! What’s the drive like from Bright? Or would it be better staying on the mountain do you reckon?

We used to stay at Mt Beauty when we went to Falls.  Road up is quite winding.  It’s do-able, but you’d want the off-mountain to be a lot cheaper to justify the drive.  I can’t recall exactly how long it takes, maybe 30-40 mins from Beauty?  You would normally go via Ovens if you were coming from Melb.  If you go via Bright you have to cop a pretty horrible little winding road that will add more time (Google Maps tells me it’s 37 mins).

Erin, hit us up. If it’s just you and Wazza for the weekend and you don’t mind slumming it, I can possibly put you up for the low price of a few beers since I got a tri-bunk (double under / single on top).

If you want to go fancy, I’ll have a chat to my boss who is under the impression that he knows people and can get some decent deals smile.

From what I’ve seen, there is quite a bit of range in accommodation but it’s all pretty expensive on mountain. If you don’t mind the drive, Mt Beauty is probably your best bet (not too far and will be heaps cheaper)

Sweet deal. I’ll speak with the husband and suss out the options. Either way there will be beers (or in my case, ciders) involved!

Hanging out for some snow! Guess I’ll just have to make do with planning snow trips for now.

If coming from melbs,  definitely don’t go all the way to bright.  That road from bright - beauty sucks!!! There’s a turn off way before at ovens that is a much easier and quicker drive.
All of the Vic resorts have windy resort approaches sadly, you nsw peeps don’t know how easy you have it!!

Oh there’s also the little town of bogong village about 1/2 way up between beauty & falls that might have some accommodation too.

After looking at a map I see what you mean. That way looks heaps better!

After experiencing the ease of the snowtube and the drive to thredbo at the shred last year I must admitt I am slightly jealous of the easy access they have!! That said I kinda like the windy drive up the mountain through the trees, it kinda adds to the excitement and atmosphere.

We have stayed at Bogong Village a few times when the kids were racing, only 15 mins or such drive, old but decent. Good pricing too.

We have found Falls to be exy, but when the village is snowed in, its rad to walk out the door, strap in and slide and then at the other end of the day slide back in the door again.

Azz - 04 June 2015 05:14 PM

when the village is snowed in, its rad to walk out the door, strap in and slide and then at the other end of the day slide back in the door again.

This is what makes falls epic in my opinion. The slide home through the village is super rad, everyone needs to experience it!

Snow this Thursday! Super pumped!

Stayed at Quay West in Falls!!!!!

Every apartment has a hot tub on the deck!!!!! Pure awesomeness!!!!!

I’ve seen a few people inquiring about cheap accom on the mountain.

I just got back from a little 4 day trip at falls and stayed at the Elk lodge. Rooms were quite nice, neat and clean. Nothing fancy but oh my gosh those beds were sooooo cozy! Craddled me right through my hangovers.

We stayed in a 3 single bed room w/ ensuit. I believe it was around $180 a night between us. The place has a spacious communal lounge, kitchen, dining with a fire place. Rad location also.. right next to the Man and literally a 2 minute walk/slide to the wombat chair lift.

The guy running it, Mark, was friendly and helpful annnndddd as a bonus the house keeping staff did the dishes every day >.<

Just thought I’d give the place a shout out since it’s not on booking.com or any of those sites.