The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Falls Creek 2015

Hey TJ, could you give us a non-marketing update on what Falls is looking like at the moment?  The website doesn’t appear to give a breakdown of what runs are open, just the lifts (2 quads at this stage).
Do you think they will be pumping enough snowmaking to open much more terrain over the next week?

Ok so to answer my own question, Falls today was pretty good. Three lifts open (not counting carpets), some good runs and before 11am you could find some good spots thanks to the overnight dusting. The afternoon was pretty bad visibility but the arvo snowfall will definitely make up a decent Saturday morning.

Overall pretty impressed, let’s hope more lifts open over the next few days as it was pretty crowded everywhere today.

And thanks Boardworld for the advice o. Boards, the new Mountain Twin ripped the shit out of the day, very very impressed!!!

Ill be up For a day on Monday or Tuesday. Looking forward to sliding on the real stuff again!!

I got Mondays and Tuesdays off if you want to go for a slide Trent?

Big White Fluffy Snowflakes are falling!

Like the size of 50c coins big!

TJswish - 11 July 2015 04:39 PM

Must be nice and cold then?????

Be great to see that continue that way for the rest of the week!!!!!

TJswish - 11 July 2015 04:39 PM

Yes , that’s what I like to hear!!!
So it will be Tuesday and I think I’ll bring a rock hopper just in case and yeah keen for a slide tj!!

Sweet, I’ll facebook you my number, just message or call, I’ll be out shredding!

Was up there again today, Scottys and Eagles turning. Some good stuff out to the right of Scottys, nice and soft.

Starting chucking it down as we left around 2pm. Anyone heading up the next few days should have a blast.

Summit opened at lunch today but apart from the initial rush, it looks pretty empty. Pow got chopped up quick and the wind direction is making the lift ride pretty brutal at the moment.

Anyone thinking they’d like to go to falls Creek but can’t find accommodation that’s reasonable, well it just so happens I have a spare bed in our killer pad that is true ski in and out that overlooks the Gully chair that’s available from the 1-8th of august. Check out what the weather nerds are saying, it’s going to be another epic week!!!
You’d be sharing with myself and another dude who take things very cruisy and enjoy a guiness apre. $70 per night.
Hit me up if your interested or want to know more.
Radical
Trent