The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Weekly Member Prizes 2012

cords I did the same sort of thing with my prize I shared with my bro (the new member one) and I chose to get a BW tall tee. I can’t wait for it!!!

cords - 09 July 2012 06:35 AM

hahaha weeeeeee!

Thanks for that, rider. It is really appreciated. I’m pretty devo today because I thought I’d almost definitely be getting my first 2 days riding of the season in on friday and saturday but it all fell through and instead I’m going from the central coast to canberra and back all in one day on thursday….so close, yet so far.

this is a definite pick-me-up! Doesn’t quite replace snow time but still pretty bloody good! Thanks, guys. grin

p.s. Thanks to all the sponsors, that make the prize pack possible! yeah boardworld!

Dam cords you win all the things.

Also Congratz :D

Box Head - 09 July 2012 05:46 AM

It’s time to announce our first weekly winner.

Congratulations cords!

cords has been active in every section of the forums. She has started quality threads, helped members with answers to questions, posted content and has simply represented what this community is all about. She is definitely a deserving member for the first weekly member prize pack.

Well done cords! shaka

Please contact promo(at)boardworld.com.au to claim your prize.

Grats, cords!!!!!  cool grin

congratz cords

Congrats Cords.

Looking forward to seeing what you pick for prizes!

Wooot Cords!!! Go girl!! ....

Woohoo. Well done Cords. Can’t wait to see what you get grin

haha thanks for the good wishes, everyone. I’m pretty excited. Not sure what I’ll choose just yet, am waiting a few days for Jez to get an inventory thingy together. I figure since I was at home and not working all week, earning these prizes and being on BW was like my job for the week….pretty fun job, I must say! hahah

damn it,,,,,,,,,  maybe next competition

cords - 09 July 2012 11:58 AM

haha thanks for the good wishes, everyone. I’m pretty excited. Not sure what I’ll choose just yet, am waiting a few days for Jez to get an inventory thingy together. I figure since I was at home and not working all week, earning these prizes and being on BW was like my job for the week….pretty fun job, I must say! hahah

Ahhahaha, GUess we should all take a week off work to try to win stuff lol. IT’s worth it.

Must impress the all mighty box head.

haha I didn’t take the week off work - I’m a relief teacher, so there was no work to be had!

cords - 11 July 2012 12:21 AM

haha I didn’t take the week off work - I’m a relief teacher, so there was no work to be had!

Oh cool, i’m really happy you won the first one then :D, cause my wife’s a teacher and everything about her job is shit besides the kids lol.

yep. For me, at the moment, casual relief is the way to go. I don’t earn much, but I’m afraid that being a permanent full-time teacher just isn’t for me. Maybe permanent part-time a few days a week, but full-time just eats up your whole life & there is so much crap you have to do that doesn’t seem at all related to just doing your best for the kids, that I can’t really deal. Being with the kids is the best part.

Except when they have their iPhones on them!!!!!

cords - 11 July 2012 01:46 AM

yep. For me, at the moment, casual relief is the way to go. I don’t earn much, but I’m afraid that being a permanent full-time teacher just isn’t for me. Maybe permanent part-time a few days a week, but full-time just eats up your whole life & there is so much crap you have to do that doesn’t seem at all related to just doing your best for the kids, that I can’t really deal. Being with the kids is the best part.

Yeah, my wife hates the people she works with but loves the kids. shes full time though but she only teaches tiny kids 1-3. well if you can call it teaching lol. she loves the kids because they can be cute some times but i just want to stab them in the face after 2 minutes lol.

My mum was a teacher and when she was she was always doing stuff at home, i didn’t get to see her much when she was doing it. So i suggest part time cause that way you don’t have to mark to much lol.