The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Weekly Member Prizes 2012

haha yeah I had a 4 day per week job for 3 years which I quite enjoyed but was over it and keen for something different by the end…ended up moving to sweden, working as a cleaner (among other things), snowboarding nearly every day of the season and having the best time of my whole life. have just been casual ever since then…we’re going to sweden again at the end of this year to do another season and hang around there for the northern summer…then I’ll have to come back and think about getting a proper job again of some kind!

cords - 11 July 2012 02:55 AM

haha yeah I had a 4 day per week job for 3 years which I quite enjoyed but was over it and keen for something different by the end…ended up moving to sweden, working as a cleaner (among other things), snowboarding nearly every day of the season and having the best time of my whole life. have just been casual ever since then…we’re going to sweden again at the end of this year to do another season and hang around there for the northern summer…then I’ll have to come back and think about getting a proper job again of some kind!

That sounds like an absolute dream, i wish we could move away for a season but we have already made so many plans, and the wife wants kids soon so :’(

I would just like to put it out there that thread of the week award to go to me for my Ikea Shopping Thread!

ozgirl - 11 July 2012 03:54 AM

I would just like to put it out there that thread of the week award to go to me for my Ikea Shopping Thread!

I’ll buy you a “congratulations your a troll” beer. Is that good enough lol.

HardSnow - 11 July 2012 03:33 AM

That sounds like an absolute dream, i wish we could move away for a season but we have already made so many plans, and the wife wants kids soon so :’(

Dude! didn’t I read that you are only 22???!!! Jeepers! Go out and live life a bit more - you’ve got plenty of time for kids and all that other boring grown up stuff like houses, babies and expensive cars! Everybody needs to live overseas at least once in their life, I reckon. I’m just 30 and only just starting to sort of feel the need for some kind of settling, but I’ve got a nearly year long trip away, starting in november, first and may well delay it again after that. hahaa

cords - 11 July 2012 05:31 AM
HardSnow - 11 July 2012 03:33 AM

Dude! didn’t I read that you are only 22???!!! Jeepers! Go out and live life a bit more - you’ve got plenty of time for kids and all that other boring grown up stuff like houses, babies and expensive cars! Everybody needs to live overseas at least once in their life, I reckon. I’m just 30 and only just starting to sort of feel the need for some kind of settling, but I’ve got a nearly year long trip away, starting in november, first and may well delay it again after that. hahaa

Married at 22 holy moly, im 29 and even im still not ready for that and me and my partner have been together for 5 1/2 years, each to there own i know but dude you are so young chill out hey you have so many years ahead of you why try and do everything in such a short space,

Just my opinion

We had our first daughter when we were 20!!!!!

We will be boardin in Japan with both of them next year!!!!! Life’s not over for us?????

Go Mizu!!

Whilst I understand what you guys are saying - I think it was a little bit harsh.

I have a friend who I met just before she was 21 and she had just met a guy as well.

Gosh the advise I gave her!!! I look back now and cringe!

We are still friends (so she didn’t throe me away for being a biatch!). She is still with the same guy got married, travel a bit and is now pg. She must be about 26 now. I gave her lots of warning advice an man i wonder where she would be today if she listened (they are pefect together and got their shite together etc etc)! Probably a sad miserable single cow like me….

Ozgirl, I think the first step to attracting guys is to not spell ‘advice’ as ‘advise’. I can’t tell you how many hot girls I’ve turned away for spelling mistakes long face

that wasn’t meant to sound harsh at all, so sorry if it did. Of course it is each to their own, just saying there is so much more out there to do while you’re young and you’re body doesn’t break when you crash doing a 180!

hmmm  LOL

Gamblor - 11 July 2012 06:38 AM

Ozgirl, I think the first step to attracting guys is to not spell ‘advice’ as ‘advise’. I can’t tell you how many hot girls I’ve turned away for spelling mistakes long face

Good to know you have standards!!!

hehe mizu wink

Lol Yeah i fell in love really early. We had been living together for 4 years and it just felt right. we have already bought a fancy car and are renting atm. My dream is to move to Canada for a couple of season but iono if that’s going to happen. She has to like this season thats why i’m trying to find everything good about jindy from you guys.

Gamblor - 11 July 2012 06:38 AM

ahahha classic. i thought oz was married lol.