The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Favourite Restaurants

ozgirl - 30 April 2012 06:19 AM

On snow i have access to tea/coffee facilities, microwaves and toasted sandwich makers grin strategically placed allllll over the mountain for my convenience! grin

Blizz I can’t believe you trudge all the way back to the car! I used to put my packed lunch in my backpack. But when I do eat on snow I eat at Guthega Pub.

Cords - I can’t believe you so rarely eat out that you don’t have a fav. I understand the budget constraints but I would find something else to sacrifice so I could eat out! But as we have said before each to their own grin

Yeah I usually keep my food at the car, too. But will try to ride all day and just last on muesli bars / mini mars bars that I have stuffed in my pockets then eat when I finish riding for the day. The only times we’ve stayed down at the snow the last few years we’ve camped in the van and just cooked sausages for dinner from woolies or I’ve been lucky enough to stay at lodges my friends were working at with free food.

It is such BS that resorts don’t make microwaves/hot water available to the public. Most other resorts I’ve ridden at around the world offer picnic rooms specifically for that purpose.

haha find something else to sacrifice? I don’t think you quite understand how little money I live on! There isn’t a whole lot of room for further sacrifices. I like it that way though. Sometimes having no money sucks, but at the same time, knowing you can survive well on limited funds is a feeling of freedom…and you see other people “struggle” when they earn twice or three times as much as you.
If we don’t cook ourselves, we don’t go to a restaurant, we get a $7 pizza from dominos or some other junk but we try to limit that as much as possible.

It was so funny when some poor boy working on commission in thirroul plaza was trying to sell me this restaurant discount card and he asked me how often I eat out in wollongong and what my favourite restaurants were and I didn’t know any except amigos ($3 tacos on tuesdays that I went to once or twice). He couldn’t fathom it at all.
I’d rather sacrifice eating out to be able to afford to travel and spend more time at the snow.

Sven’s Viking Pizza in Bondi Junction is now my favourite restaurant! haha I’ve never spent $24 on a pizza in my life but to taste swedish pizza again was worth it. Freddy even said didn’t want to eat anything for a week in order to try and keep the taste in his mouth. haha

So yummy!