The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Favourite Restaurants

will check both out for sure.

I don’t have a favourite restaurant but it might end up being Sven’s Swedish Viking Pizza in Bondi Junction….I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks!

What about Q’s 2 and 3??

Fav local and fav on Snow??

Don’t really eat out at home either. We were getting take out from the local magic noodle ($9 a dish and enough for lunch the next day, too!) but haven’t done that for months. Now we moved house to quite a way from there so we don’t have anything really local. If we eat out at this place, it will be at the nearby bowlo on $10 steak night!

Don’t eat on snow - way too expensive. Cook and pack my own food before I leave home. I might buy a powerade on snow maybe but usually buy that at woolies on the way!

If I am doing a day trip to the snow I take an esky and eat in the car at lunch!

Staying up there I normally opt for Jindy cause then I just shop at Woollies and get supplies. Otherwise on snow I tend to be at a lodge in Smiggins Holes, still take up food from Woollies!!!

On snow i have access to tea/coffee facilities, microwaves and toasted sandwich makers grin strategically placed allllll over the mountain for my convenience! grin

Blizz I can’t believe you trudge all the way back to the car! I used to put my packed lunch in my backpack. But when I do eat on snow I eat at Guthega Pub.

Cords - I can’t believe you so rarely eat out that you don’t have a fav. I understand the budget constraints but I would find something else to sacrifice so I could eat out! But as we have said before each to their own grin

Yep that’s what we do oz! I don’t like riding with a pack… it is really awkward on the lifts!!!

On the snow, Pies and Sausage Rolls are the go. Last year at the shred, schitty was good as well. I don’t really find it too expensive but then again, I work in the city and everything is expensive.

Favourite at home, Thai - Pad Thai Beef or Chicken Yellow Curry

Fancy restaurant that I like - Malaya. We had the set menu and it was all soooo yummy! spicy but yummy.

Love Malaya TJ!! So good (but expensive!) Do you agree the salt and pepper prawns are the bomb!

ozgirl - 30 April 2012 09:57 AM

Love Malaya TJ!! So good (but expensive!) Do you agree the salt and pepper prawns are the bomb!

They weren’t part of our “set menu” :(

I really liked the crab that we got though. smile

Will have to go back!

Ah you must have got the posh set menu - Trust me it is part of the cheap one LOL

Yep just checked - was worried they had changed it.

Menu 1 $49.00 Per Person (3 or more people)

Popiah
Thin pastry skins filled with sliced chicken, king prawns, shallots, vermicelli and beansprouts, served with a sweet soy and chilli sauce and ground fresh peanuts and cashew nuts.

Salt and Pepper Prawn
King prawns lightly battered, deep-fried and tossed in fresh chilli, salt, cracked black pepper and shallots.

Satay Beef
Singaporean style marinated pieces of beef skewered, barbequed and served with a satay sauce made from fresh ground peanuts and chilli.

Curry Prawns with Roti Canai
This curry has been made to our original recipe since 1963. Served with pan-fried Malay bread.
Medium hot

Black Pepper Chicken
Marinated pieces of chicken thigh fillet stir-fried with onion, butter, garlic, ginger and cracked black pepper.

Korma Lamb
Malay style green curry made with yoghurt.
Medium hot

Kwai Du
Flat rice noodle stir-fried dry style with chicken, prawn, beansprouts, onion, shallot, chilli and egg.

Chilli Beansprouts and Snow peas
Beansprouts, snow peas and shredded Chinese mushrooms stir-fried with garlic, soy sauce and fresh chilli.

Steamed Rice

The guy hosting it got to choose his own set menu cause we had >15 people or something. And he went with everything hot lol.

Think I ended up forking out like $70 once you put beers and stuff on :(

This one would have been yours i think - next Sydney meet up ??? LOL
Chilli Tartar King Prawns  
Steamed king prawns, shelled and served with a chilli tartar sauce and micro green salad.

Sashimi Salmon
Sashimi salmon rolled with dill and English spinach in a thin pastry skin, served with a chilli lime dressing.

Spanner Crab Curry
Spanner crab meat poached in a coconut curry sauce. Served with roti canai.

Kapitan King Prawns
Penang style curry sauce made with fresh chilli and coconut milk served with lightly battered king prawns.

Szechuan Chicken
Marinated pieces of chicken thigh fillet stir-fried dry style with shallot, cashew nuts and dry chillie. Served on a bed of English spinach.

Lamb Bali
Indonesian style red curry lamb cooked with a tomato base.

Mee Goreng
Traditional Malaysian stir-fried noodles cooked with potato, egg, chicken, prawn, peas, tomato and chilli. Medium hot.

Fresh Seasonal Vegetable
Asian green vegetables stir-fried with garlic, soy sauce and fresh chilli.

Steamed Rice

I remembered a couple more great restaurants in the Berra!

Thai Chiang Rai in Kingston, absolutely beautiful food!!!

Best of all is Rama’s. BEST. INDIAN. EVER!!!