The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarding Blog Idea’s

Hey i am keen to get as much filming as possible done this coming winter and me and a few mates were thinking about starting a blog up at Perisher, was thinking something just in the park up at front valley or something easy and not too hard to start off with.

Would try and get a big name aussie snowboarders to pop in and just spent the day filming them up at front valley and ask them some Q’s but if i can’t get any i will film anyone in the park (with their permission) and spend the whole day filming, i think it will come down to how my camera skills handle it and my editing skills but it will be awesome practise for both skills to improve.

I think i will have quite bait of free time this winter and would like to get some ideas and some blog names?

-Frothing On Front Valley
-Perisher Play-Time

need some names badly but let me know if you would watch something like this and if you have any ideas on where it can be improved!

Thanks

Instead of a blog, why don’t you start up a thread here in Boardworld - like the hugely popular Whistler Community page?

You’d get a lot more people involved, and a lot more readers. It’s win-win.

~ Front Valley Films ~

~ Frontin Up at The P ~

~ Jibb Time in The Valley ~

~ Parkin in The P ~

~ Rick Rail and the Jibbers ~

~ Valley Time ~

~ Playin in The Park ~

~ Jabberin about Jibbin ~

chucky - 28 April 2012 06:18 AM

Instead of a blog, why don’t you start up a thread here in Boardworld - like the hugely popular Whistler Community page?

You’d get a lot more people involved, and a lot more readers. It’s win-win.

shaka

Their own blog is very different to just a thread on BW.

They have more control and if it really takes off can get their own sponsorship/monetize etc etc.

Great idea Rick, I can’t for the life of me think of a good name. I am crap at that stuff.

But lets us know when you have got a page set up!

teacherboy

chucky - 28 April 2012 06:50 AM

teacherboy

Whatever

I don’t want him posting - that Perisher thread is mine!!! hahaha!

I choose to show my support for Boardworld, and encourage others to do the same through their participation etc. - not encourage people to set up what could potentially turn out to be future competitors. Industry sponsorship is scarce enough already.

you got a lot of names for me there Mizu, ill keep them in mind! Jabberin About Jibbin is a nice one!

im not sure how this competes with board world having a video blog, there are so many in snowboarding going around at the moment but ill ask Jeremy if i could blog it for BW but i don’t want it to become too full-on because I’m only doing it to build up my skills for when i get into the workforce!!

Just as a play on those words, how bouts ~ Jibber Jabber ~ ?????

(And I don’t really care if ya use any of the ones that I came up with, it’s your project mate!!!!!)

I just googled that and there already is a blog called Jibber Jabber!!!!! Hahahhaa!!!!!

It’s in the UK though!!!!!

Damn those UK snow bums!

just a random thought but who would buy a BW hat if they made one? Mizu you need to convince them into producing a BW flat brimmed hat..

would i? yes but not if it was flat brimmed

I was more goin for the Foreign Legionaries Cap look for this season!!!!!

i have one of those, i love it. Bought it for $2, worth every cent haha

Blogs only really work if you regularly update them…...otherwise i’d just start a thread or a ‘blog’ on here like someone mentioned.