The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarding Blog Idea’s

CRACKERS - 29 April 2012 03:49 AM

Blogs only really work if you regularly update them…...otherwise i’d just start a thread or a ‘blog’ on here like someone mentioned.

yeah i agree, i might have to but ill see how much time i can free up when the season starts!

Blogs only really work if you regularly update them…...otherwise i’d just start a thread or a ‘blog’ on here like someone mentioned.

By regular you only have to post say once a week… But make sure if you pick Wednesdays to post (for example) that you post every Wednesday. You readers need to get into a routine with it. And you too!

Totally agree CRACKERS!!!!! People will not return to ya blog if it is void of activity!!!!!

maybe a webisode? like Andy Lloyds ‘Fisheye Fridays’ i think he only does like 3 or 4 a season, would that work??

however he is great at making them and i won’t be haha

maybe a webisode? like Andy Lloyds ‘Fisheye Fridays’ i think he only does like 3 or 4 a season, would that work??

Rick0889 - 29 April 2012 11:47 PM

If you did that you will have to be on the ball with your marketing!

No need for a blog then, just get your name for it, make a youtube channel in that name, a twitter account, a facebook page and then each episode promote/tweet the shite out of it!

A tip with twitter common courtesy is that you should follow people who follow you - and you can use that to your advantage. Follow heaps of snow industry people and then will follow you back - instant followers!

I would sponsor such a project Rick!
Create a Sub-Domain on snocam.com.au - eg; jibberjabba.snocam.com.au This way you would have webpage/s & email, gain my experience, I could help with advice re:editing, uploading, have access to my headcams (if you “worked” as a rental outlet/contractor - not really work), internet access - mostly you would gain my followers and subscribers = an established market with a worldwide viewer-base. And we could ride together regularly and pull together our resources. I also have some good pro-equipment gathering dust because I focused more on doing daily vids the last few years. I could move back to the pro side of videotography and you could use that in your vids.

I’m no park monkey so it would be a great addition to what I do. And there is no problem tying BW to it wink

Based on my experience in the snow community & videography it’s better not to take a “competition” view point, look at it more as; everyone helping each other achieve their goals in order to enhance the Snow Industry. Pulling together works much better than going it by yourself and trying to establish an already done idea.

Consistency is the key.

PM me with more details, ideas, dates your looking at being in Perisher etc…
shaka

Mate that sounds like a f**king wicked offer.

Yep I agree! Nice one Spaz!

That would supplement your youtube channel, twitter etc. Still your own name but attached to an already established website!

spaz - 30 April 2012 12:47 AM

I would sponsor such a project Rick!
Create a Sub-Domain on snocam.com.au - eg; jibberjabba.snocam.com.au This way you would have webpage/s & email, gain my experience, I could help with advice re:editing, uploading, have access to my headcams (if you “worked” as a rental outlet/contractor - not really work), internet access - mostly you would gain my followers and subscribers = an established market with a worldwide viewer-base. And we could ride together regularly and pull together our resources. I also have some good pro-equipment gathering dust because I focused more on doing daily vids the last few years. I could move back to the pro side of videotography and you could use that in your vids.

I’m no park monkey so it would be a great addition to what I do. And there is no problem tying BW to it wink

Based on my experience in the snow community & videography it’s better not to take a “competition” view point, look at it more as; everyone helping each other achieve their goals in order to enhance the Snow Industry. Pulling together works much better than going it by yourself and trying to establish an already done idea.

Consistency is the key.

PM me with more details, ideas, dates your looking at being in Perisher etc…
shaka

yep sounding good to me, however I’ll still be a full-time student but ill go up as much as possible, only 2 hrs away i am.

I’ll try and do that school project that i was talking about earlier where i interview you and we can talk about it then if thats cool! Should be some time in May if your available, also I’ve been asking around and a few people are interested in being filmed this season.

Also Thanks Spaz!!!

Kinda still going through idea’s but would like to get a few big name riders on board if possible!

hey spaz could you pm me your email please!