The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

If you had $100…...

So guys & girls I need your help.

I have a $100 voucher for Trigger Bros that I need to use.

Problem is I’ve got no idea what to buy and I don’t really need any more gear.

I’ve had a look at helmets there but the only one I kinda liked they don’t have in my size. Could probably use a new pair of pants but didn’t see anything I liked. Wouldn’t mind a new pair of bindings so I don’t have to keep swapping between two boards but I’m not going to fork out $450 for a pair of escapades when both of those boards are not my primary one.

So tell me, if you had a $100 voucher for Trigger what would you buy?

http://www.triggerbrothers.com.au/

Welcome back mate!! smile
Well I’d put it towards bindings, I really need a new pair

It’s always the way when you have money to spend, you never find anything you like!

Damn! It is a sad fact of Australia that $100 doesn’t go very far!

Maybe a bag or something like that - something that you would prob not buy but will make life easier??

Besides the obvious (for flying) my wheelie gig rocks even here. It is great to know I can just chuck everything in!

Also love my backpack i got at the Shred last year and i didn’t even know I needed it!

Billy - 28 April 2012 02:52 AM

Welcome back mate!! smile

Thanks love!  wink

Billy - 28 April 2012 02:53 AM

It’s always the way when you have money to spend, you never find anything you like!

This!

What’s even worse is that it was a birthday present last year, I went in to Trigger this morning as the voucher expires on Tuesday & still can’t find anything!

The guys in there extended the voucher til October for me which was pretty cool.

The only thing they could suggest was a full tune of my board.

ozgirl - 28 April 2012 02:54 AM

Maybe a bag or something like that - something that you would prob not buy but will make life easier??

Besides the obvious (for flying) my wheelie gig rocks even here. It is great to know I can just chuck everything in!

Also love my backpack i got at the Shred last year and i didn’t even know I needed it!

Good suggestion, I’ve got a board bag though, it lives under my bed.

Backpack could be an idea. Although I don’t really think I’d enjoy riding with one on.

My issue is that I have more than enough gear to set up 3 people fairly easily.

Yeah, I’d go a good backpack or a carry on travel bag!!!!!

A second/third/fourth pair of Goggles or Sunnies never go astray either!!!!!

What about clothing in general (not outerwear) surely they have jeans/tees etc smile

Tobi - 28 April 2012 03:25 AM
ozgirl - 28 April 2012 02:54 AM

Good suggestion, I’ve got a board bag though, it lives under my bed.

Backpack could be an idea. Although I don’t really think I’d enjoy riding with one on.

My issue is that I have more than enough gear to set up 3 people fairly easily.

I don’t ride with a backpack anymore… and actually the one I got at the Shred was a laptop bag (from burton).

Think outside the box grin

But yay that they extended the validity!

damn echo! (actually will use this now LOL)

Looks an impressive store. there are heaps of things for sale there.

If you are all geared up why go with snow gear…. tee’s beanie, hoodies… swimsuit?

DVD??

Mizu’s Birthday Present?????  cool hmm

Tobi - 28 April 2012 03:23 AM

. . . The only thing they could suggest was a full tune of my board.

In the spirit of the whole “Feed a man a fish / teach a man to fish” concept, why not invest the money in a waxing iron and/or tuning equipment?

blizzard_22 - 28 April 2012 03:43 AM

What about clothing in general (not outerwear) surely they have jeans/tees etc smile

ozgirl - 28 April 2012 03:43 AM

Looks an impressive store. there are heaps of things for sale there.

If you are all geared up why go with snow gear…. tee’s beanie, hoodies… swimsuit?

Yeah it’s a pretty good shop.

The issue is that their StKilda store (the one which is near me) is their board store so lots of snow gear and surf boards etc but no real clothes (besides outerwear). The had like one rack with a couple of Burton & Nakita tees and hoodies on it and that’s it.

Might have to head to their other store but that’s in the boondocks. Shouldn’t have to drive 35kms one way to spend a voucher!!!

chucky - 28 April 2012 04:28 AM

In the spirit of the whole “Feed a man a fish / teach a man to fish” concept, why not invest the money in a waxing iron and/or tuning equipment?

With or without holes, Chucky?????  red face

I reckon that is a great idea if ya always pay for waxes/tunes as it will save ya tons of moola, that can be better spent on, say….............. Mizu’s Birthday Present!!!!!

chucky - 28 April 2012 04:28 AM

Got it already.

wink

I told the boys that and their response ‘Well I bet you don’t have a base grinder’. Well no, I don’t but I also don’t have a board in need of one at the moment. raspberry Have only done 4 days in the last two seasons.  downer