Bataleon & Lobster Snowboard Technology
For over a decade, Bataleon
and sister company Lobster
have led the industry in 3D shape technology. They have perfected their patented Triple Base Technology™, producing boards with traditional camber and lifted contact points, making snowboarding more enjoyable for all. With the introduction of 3rd generation 3BT and their new patented Sidekick, Bataleon continues to push the envelope in snowboard design and performance.
TRIPLE BASE TECHNOLOGY (3BT):
Created by nature or designed by man, the most successful designs take into consideration the forces they will be submitted to. When Bataleon were developing 3BT, they analyzed how snowboards look when put under pressure. What happens when
you drive it through a transition or jam it through a turn? Triple Base happens. Triple Base is the pre-shaped form of a board in motion, and just like the wings of a plane or the hull of a boat is curved to perform, your snowboard should also be shaped for its environment.
SideKick Tips greatly enhance 3BT's advantages by dramatically increasing the side base uplift at the widest points of the nose and tail. This makes turn initiation even smoother, increases float in powder and handling of the board in rough terrain.
The type and placement of fiberglass greatly influence a board’s flex and riding characteristics. Boards are built with a layer of fiberglass above and below the woodcore. Bataleon and Lobster use a combination of two main types of fiberglass: biaxial and triaxial. Biaxial fiberglass has fibers running every 90 degrees. Triaxial fiberglass has fibers running every 45 degrees.
- This three-way weave of fiberglass is light, strong and responsive.
- Bataleon and Lobster use this to beef up their flex patterns.
- A traditional and time tested two-way weave of fiberglass which is light and strong.
- Very responsive keeping the board snappy without adding torsional stiffness.
The base is important as it’s your direct connection to the snow. Bataleon and Lobster boards are built with two varying types of extruded and sintered bases fine-tuned for different conditions and riding styles. All our boards are finished with factory wax before they leave the factory.
- This base is produced with ISO-Sport 7000 black racing series and is what spandex-clad dudes have on their skis. No joke.
- Maximum molecular content for a hardened sintered base that hauls ass.
- More molecules mean a denser base that can take a beating using ISO-Sport 7000 series as the backbone.
- A standard sintered base that’s tough and fast, and faster when waxed.
- Not a basic extruded base. The SSX has the highest molecular content available for an extruded base.
- Super slick, durable, and maintenance-free.
- Skate-inspired WallieTips feature curled tips at each end of the board.
- Wallie Tips add extra freedom to the board when setting up for features.
SUPER TUBES & CORE UPGRADES:
Bataleon and Lobster's Super Tubes are hollow carbon core upgrades that are inserted into the core in 3 different configurations. The hollow carbon tubes greatly increase the woodcore’s pop and reduce weight.
- Dual Radial Super Tube woodcore upgrade.
- Features six hollow carbon core inserts parallel to the board radius for extra power transfer to the edge.
- Dual Super Tube woodcore upgrade.
- Two hollow carbon rods milled into the bottom of the core to enhance pop and give the camber more snap.
- Central Super Tube woodcore upgrade.
- One centrally placed hollow carbon rod milled into the bottom of the core to enhance pop without stiffening the board torsionally.
- Carbon is feather light and adds explosive pop, precise edge control, reactive response and smooth dampening to a board.
- It is used in different ways to fine-tune a board’s ride characteristics.
WOOD CORES & SIDEWALL UPGRADES:
The wood core is the soul of the board. The type of wood, the grain orientation, and the overall thickness and shaping greatly determine the way it rides. Bataleon and Lobster source a number of high-quality woods to create our wood cores.
- The lightest 70-30 Swiss paulownia and poplar wood blend for the lightest strength to weight ratio.
- A 50-50 Swiss paulownia and poplar woods blend for optimal strength to weight properties.
- Full poplar with beech hardwood laid tip to tail along the inserts strengthening the board’s backbone, reinforcing the inserts and producing more pop.
- This is a new Urethane infused sidewall technology.
- They smooth out your ride and are more resistant to impact.
- Bataleon and Lobster use tried and trusted ABS sidewalls for most of the collection.
- For the best flex to strength ratio.