The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ozgirl’s Mini RTW Adventure

Doh!

I knew that! I am an egg downer

Tahoe & San Fran
So on the 2nd of Jan I flew to San Francisco. The majority of the flight was in daylight hours (I love flying east to west, so much better for jet lag!) and flying over the last couple states was really cool. Got some video – wish I knew exactly what some of the places were, I can make a good guess though.

I also flew the A380, I am not up this close to the pointy end of the plane very often! (lower level of the plane)

The next morning we got up super early to drive to Tahoe to say I was excited was an understatement!
The in car navigation system

First view of the lake

My friend Snodiva and I met while working at Heavenly 15 years ago!!!!!! Eek

And this would be the first time I had been back to Heavenly since then (been to Tahoe a few times but as it was always day trips there are easier/quicker resorts to access than Heavenly).

Going up the Gondola – this wasn’t built when I worked there.

We did a couple of warm up runs then headed over to Mott Canyon one of the gated areas.

The chair lift out
t

This is for Deano! The Heavenly Angels, Apres in the bar at the top of the gondola

Our suite at the Hotel, Harrahs

The next day we headed over to Kirkwood, no new snow at either resort but coverage was great.
I checked out the trail map at the end of the day and it seems that besides about 2 runs to get somewhere every run at Kirkwood we went on was either a black or double black diamond! Very impressive I thought since Snodiva hadn’t boarder for almost 3 years (since my last visit and had two kids since then!)
Her first run at Heavenly was a bit tentative but I remember that the second run I had said “off you go” and was going to follow her and she was off like a shot! No more tentative boarding!

Chair 10!

The next day we took the kids to “Homeroom” a trendy restaurant in Berkley which serves only varieties of Mac and Cheese. It was yum!

I had Niman Ranch chorizo, chipotle peppers, jack cheese, and cilantro, served with a wedge of lime.
And Berry Sangria!

The next day was a shopping day and then a gril who I met at Snodiva wedding 5 years ago and have stayed friends with came over with her new husband and we had a fun Mexican night and too many Margarita’s for a school night and for me with a 5am wake up call!

nice pics Kim.

Awesome Kim. How nice is the A380!

Just caught up on this thread, sounds like you are having a blast oz!  Keep it up!

Thanks Lano Rider and Mud - Sadly back home now.

Trying to cull and decided the photos from Whis… decisions decisions…

I am so damn jealous, Tahoe when myself and Nthn were there looked nothing like what it doe sin your photos (snow)

Kim awesome posts!! Schnapps are the best, hahaha. Yeah it kinds funny how they think that it cures anything smile Awesome pictures aswell!

Ha Bordergirl you just reminded me.

On Christmas Eve when we were running errands my friend announced she felt a cold was coming on so we needed to go to the Chemist! So apparently schnapps doesn’t cure all for her!

Rad report so far Kim. Look forward to seeing the rest!

ozgirl - 20 January 2013 09:03 AM

In the afternoon we headed to my mates workplace - Porsche!

Apparently a really rare car - it was just in the road not in the musuem or staff parking

Its a volkswagen Karmann Ghia, unless is a some sort of special model they arent that rare, my wife owned one, was a rad rad rad car for summer cruising!

Oh and a mac n cheese restaurant…...................YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Nice stuff, oz!!!!!

That Mac & Cheese place looks…..... drool

WHY DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS MAC AND CHEESE PLACE!

Hahaha!

glad you guys all think the mac & cheese place looks good was worried about the cool factor! It was awesome!