The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ozgirl’s Mini RTW Adventure

Im talkin to the sharter

Good read Oz, hope Whistlers good!

So I kinda decided TTIUWP so I have stopped writing it for now will finish it properly when I get home next week.

But having a great time!

Whistler is great, tried to meet up with Skip yesterday but I have no reception at all in Canada which is a bit weird. Tried connecting a few ways to no avail so I am relying solely on free WiFi.

Awesome adventure Oz, can’t wait for the update :D

Okay I am back! Been Sorting thru lots of photos this weekend!

As for photos I think I am up Stuttgart!

I know it is not snow but I still thought it was really interesting so there is a few (okay more than few!) photos to show you guys!

Less talk, more report!!!!!  hmmm

This is the main square and palace of Stuttgart.

Even though it was after Christmas they still have “Winter Markets” which is mainly a foodie kind of market! I didn’t know what to eat first. We ended up sharing a giant (apparently called NY pretzel as they are only giant once a year) and having some gluwhien.

The next day we drove out of town to the Ritter Sport chocolate factory

The we went for a walk up a hill that was created out of the debris for WW2. The “hill” went up by 40m (130ft) with the piling of the debris.

this is the view of Stuttgart from the top

Some of the debris not buried

In the afternoon we headed to my mates workplace - Porsche!

Crazy complex

There is actually a train station on the local network.

this is the museum building

Apparently a really rare car - it was just in the road not in the musuem or staff parking

gosh you car fans are going to hate me now but I am trying to remember stuff I was told I think this is the bestes/fastest type of Porsche??

Being a tool out the front of the show room

Then we headed across town to Mercedes

Did a little statue ridin’

That night we went to the party at my friend’s friends’ place, and it was suggested it would be convienient to ride bikes there!

Is there more??

If I’d a known that you were goin to Merc, I woulda got ya to stick ya head in and tell their R&D Team that Vito’s are shit boxes!!!!!

Azz - 20 January 2013 10:30 AM

Is there more??

More photos?

Yes. Coming!

On NYE we went for a wander through the town we went out to.

Turkish dinner buffet on NYE 20 euro and they kept this replensihed all night! We dug in again at about 2am!

real decks!!!

They jam session with the DJ and the trumpet player - very cool!

Sparklers at midnight

Crazy germans setting off fireworks in the street!

Okay Tahoe up next (Snow yay!)

But i am formatting the images for BW rather than using facebook so I am editing them/referring to books.

And I have to write the words to the the next bit! Maybe tomorrow night!.

ozgirl - 20 January 2013 10:48 AM

They jam session with the DJ and the sax player - very cool!

Ozzy, thats a trumpet smirk

Saxaphone…..

Or is the guy a Sax player, playing a Trumpet???