The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Mount Hood Oregon - You guys know anything?

I’m going on my first “west” trip to Mt. Hood. I’m stoked to get away from midwestern resorts but I don’t really know much about the mountain.

Tips?

Where to ride?

Best resort?

etc.

Thanks!

Hey CincySnow, welcome to Boardworld. cool smile

I’ve never been to Mt Hood myself but hopefully some others will be able to help you out.

Here’s a summer spot check video from Timberline Resort with the ThirtyTwo team.

Thank-you! and thanks for the video, at this point all my information has come from YouTube and Wiki. haha.

never been there myself, but soooo keen to! Make sure you let us know what it is like, CincySnow!

will do!

Hood, well it’s probably snowboarding’s most filmed / photographed collection of hills. The big summer camps set up there, the skiing / riding is year-round.

Meadows has the most diverse terrain, it’s on the eastern side of the mountain, past Govy Camp and Timberline, and speaking of Timberline there’s also a ski area there that accesses the glacier, and there are other ski areas nearby. Further afield (like 2.5 hours further) is Bachelor, pretty much an entire volcano devoted to a ski area.

I’m assuming that you’re flying into the PDX, from there it’s about 50 minutes to the nearest hill. You don’t need to stay near the resorts, just find a place in the eastern part of Portland, like Gresham or near the airport, and you get to also enjoy the city. Great coffee, great beer, great food, trendy, hipster heaven (or hell). Just watch an episode or two of Portlandia and you’ll get the picture.