The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Team Progress Board.

Come to Japan in Feb and shred with me smile

Switch straight airs scare me! I don’t think ive tried one off anything but the smallest jump.

Aidy - 16 October 2011 10:53 PM

Firstly nice work ashstix, keep us up to date with any new tricks you learn or if you have any quieries then you know where to post them right?

Cheers Aidy, I assume I’d just post any queries in the rider progression section right? start a new thread if it hasnt been spoken about before?? *trying my hardest not to be a forum kook*

I’m heaps psyched to go riding again (whenever that may be) and continue to progress with switch riding and start pushing myself in the park.

So stokeedddd, I’m comfortable doing small jumps straight airs at the Terrain Garden. I am finally able to do the 180 butter (180 to switch tail press to 180 out) after practicing for so longggg.

That’s awesome man. Really stoked for you. Looking forward to shredding when I get back!

Been in whistler a while now so thought it was time to contribute to the team progress thread! So since the weather is pretty much sunny all week with no new snow i thought i’d start hitting the park.

Park day one in the terrain garden -
After struggling with my 180’s i overheard a snowboard instructor telling his students that when doing 180’s you can pop off your toes or heels. I tried popping off my toes and bam the 180’s started to flow. I also gave the boxes a go just getting the feel hopefully trying some boardslides soon.

Todays achievements;
-Frontside 180
-Switch Frontside 180
-Backside 180
-Indy grab

p.s. if anyone in whistler wants to shred let me know!

I’m headin up tomorrow gonna ride with Jez and Mizu, you should come!

blackbanana - 04 February 2012 03:25 AM

-Backside 180

Still one of the best tricks…

by far. nothing better than doing/seeing a slow rotation, smooth back 1

skip11 - 04 February 2012 04:12 AM

yeah for sure im keen as, where bouts are you guys riding?
hit me up 604 388 9782

blackbanana - 04 February 2012 03:25 AM

Been in whistler a while now so thought it was time to contribute to the team progress thread! So since the weather is pretty much sunny all week with no new snow i thought i’d start hitting the park.

Park day one in the terrain garden -
After struggling with my 180’s i overheard a snowboard instructor telling his students that when doing 180’s you can pop off your toes or heels. I tried popping off my toes and bam the 180’s started to flow. I also gave the boxes a go just getting the feel hopefully trying some boardslides soon.

Todays achievements;
-Frontside 180
-Switch Frontside 180
-Backside 180
-Indy grab

p.s. if anyone in whistler wants to shred let me know!

Good to hear it Black. Man I miss Blackcomb Parks

Ah sorry blackbanana, didn’t see your post this morning.

blackbanana - 04 February 2012 10:09 AM
skip11 - 04 February 2012 04:12 AM

yeah for sure im keen as, where bouts are you guys riding?
hit me up 604 388 9782

Hey dude, I’ll hit you up during the week for sure. I’m not riding today but I’ll ride through the week.

And skip11, you should be posting in this thread. Your riding has improved heaps since the start of this season. I was really impressed yesterday with how you were riding.

Thanks a lot Jeremy, but I really feel I have a lot to improve on. That’s why I don’t really know what to post on this thread haha.

As snowboarders, we always have a lot we can improve on. That’s the beauty of snowboarding. But you still have improved significantly this season. Your turns, carving, pressure control, fluidity, even your stance is noticeably better. Can you feel you have improved in those areas since the beginning of the season?