The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Post your videos here.

Sukah - 12 June 2012 04:56 AM
jowow11 - 05 June 2012 04:59 AM

Big Ups on the true vibe track, i played a show with them once they are the “realest” coolest guys around

Haha thanks man, Gabriel (the dj) is a good friend of mine and I thought it would be nice to have some new music that not many people had heard before on the video, plus I thought it worked pretty well with the snowboarding…

Adrenalin Boardstore in Canberra held a jib-jam last weekend, this is what i came up with!!

Cool vid, some nice editing in places.

Crit;
waaaaay tooooo looong - could have trimmed the footage heaps more, I reckon by at least half.
Where was ya tripod? You did really good without it or was it that cheap tripod making it look hand held?

But hey you got footage, ran it through a program and put it up for all to see so kudos and thanks for sharing (more people should).
I started moving the timeline after 2:30 to skip through, there was some cool moves at the end. But couldn’t watch for 4:37mins.

Note to all: Rick and I have met and I feel comfortable giving his work criticism - Only given to those that ask so don’t feel your vids will be ripped to shreds.
I post plenty of not up to scratch work.

haha yeah no tripod, very shaky and half the time i was chatting to my mate while filming, no money was involved so it was very chilled! was mainly testing out my new rode shotgun mic that i got and it worked awesome!

A few things to add spaz’s comments -
I agree on the shortening up of the edit, there’s a lot of footage in there that, if anything, takes away from all the good stuff! keep it short and sweet with only the best bits to keep everyone entertained

You probably only need to flash the logo in the intro and maybe in the end, but no more then twice, gets a bit repetitive.

Audio was good! nice and clear with minimal wind noise etc

Definitely take along a tripod in the future! being able to pan, or zoom during shots without shaking the camera adds a great dimension to the edit. Even if it’s not paid, putting together something really good for a shop (or anyone) often means they might offer you some product or exposure or money for the next one!

[youtube]C8l5P3b1X4I?hd=1[/youtube]

Here is a video I filmed in Manly in 24h for Baker Surfboard. Jai Baker the owner and shaper of the brand just finished shaping this finless board and asked me if I was kind to film the first surf with it.
Not the best surf ever, but with the small amount of time we had to film, we ended up with this short clip. Hope you’ll like it !

Good to see some grass roots surfing!

A few points I have on the video to work with (don’t take them harshly!):

- I really enjoyed from 3:30 onwards. Really nice focus pulls, colour, transitions and the scene was set nicely. You used a tripod here which made a HUGE difference when comparing with the first 3:30 of the video.

- I think the red wine scene was too long and didn’t add much to the edit

- Intro’s only need a couple of shots to set the mood and scene. I think maybe 1 shot of waxing, 1 shot of street running and one shot of diving into the surf would have improved the feel of the intro. keep it shorter then 30 seconds! It’s easy to get distracted otherwise.

- for the running shots, if you don’t have a tripod, get creative and film from the back of a moving car or bike to get a nice smooth shot with that extra dimension of movement.

- Possibly some shots of shaping the board would have introduced a nice behind the scenes aspect to lead in with.

Like I mentioned, the second half of the video was great, it had a classic mellow surfing feel to it. Good stuff!

Really liked the concept of showing surf as a religious pursuit.

As an online video it isn’t what I would call short. At just over 4min it is actually long (online content).
Internet attention span is lost in 8sec. Even boring videos people will watch for 30sec. After 2min your vid needs to be evolving (yours did with clear “chapters”) but it needed to “get there” sooner.

A good indicator is to look at YouTube stats and take note of viewer attention.

just a few shitty videos i shot and edited

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfa02VkDjpE&feature=plcp[/youtube]

This is my good friends youtube, He’s our filmer. I thought I’d post a video of my friends Steve he made. ENJOY!
[youtube]<iframe width=“420” height=“315” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/s2VHhiPiP08” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

qylekuigley - 06 July 2012 09:10 AM

This is my good friends youtube, He’s our filmer. I thought I’d post his video of my other friend Steve he made.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2VHhiPiP08&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Just laid this quick and nasty edit down in FCPX.
Didn’t bother exploring slomo to much and the reduced FOV of 130? is pretty good (1080p shoots at 170?)
And I compressed the file size down by half - it did loose some quality.

I like it! getting me pumped!

Nice Spaz! Still looks pretty good when you keep it as a small screen.

Yeah, I guess I was watching it at full screen on a 50” monitor!