The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What are your goals this season?

Caboose - 18 July 2010 11:29 PM

this kinda belongs in the stoke thread, but

came across a few boxes in Leichhardt park yesterday

all had to be ollie onto, buy a couple of inches

never ollied onto boxes before as i’m not that much of a box rider, but due to lack of terrain gave it a crack

ollied onto all boxes and stomped em - not super fast and only a little tweak of a board slide action

i happy with the progress!!

Check out this thread also: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/890/
cool smile

Injury free? You’re kidding right? Since i’ve been riding every year i’ve injured myself every year. Broken bones in the wrist, screwed knee and now from Japan trip a screwed back. For me you’re not riding hard enough if you don’t find a way to hurt yourself smile

- Rotations off jumps is a big one for me. I can get really close landing 360’s etc. But i want to learn to throw some grabs.
- Confidence on boxes
- Confidence on rails

For all you guys that said you wanted to hit up park and get better, i cant think of a better way than to come hang with me and the other guys that have shown some interest in Selwyns little setup - see this thread.

If we can get a team together we can motivate each other and give each other tips. Could turn some of your goals into reality!

my goal this season…. hmmm…. probs being able to land off a box and still stand (thats how bad i am LOL LOL ) and probably get some awesome hang time and land that too

Amakat, ive had good success in looking down at the box whilst im in motion. Helps me keep balance. My preference.

i want to learn park riding… boxes, drops, jumps

Mizu Kuma - 14 March 2011 08:49 AM

To have as much fun as possible, and to keep up with the rest of the crew at the “Shred”!!!!!  cool grin

yeaaaah maaate [=

to ride more pow!

Goal - For my FRICKIN knee to decide when it’s going to finish healing so I can ride the way I want to!!

But on the positive, I ticked off a goal yesterday that I really wanted this season, a few goals down and a few more to go. So I’m pretty happy. I heart Whistler =)

cabletieperformance - 13 March 2011 10:40 AM

Off with a bang boxes are so fun, drops still make me crap pants and jumps are getting better just gotta work on them more

cabletieperformance - 13 June 2011 02:51 AM
cabletieperformance - 13 March 2011 10:40 AM

Off with a bang boxes are so fun, drops still make me crap pants and jumps are getting better just gotta work on them more

Good stuff cabletie!!!!  shaka

You comin to the Shred???? Be great to see ya there!!!!!  cool smile

My goal this season - hardbooting!

To have Fun Fun Fun till Wifey takes the snowboard awaaaaaaay smile

Pretty simple goals here.

1. Sort out my knee/hamstring issues and ride without a knee brace, on the way there not too much more work to do to get it back to normal
2. Get in top 3 for corporate games.. wanna get up on that podium (provided I don’t crash out like last year I reckon I’m in with a shot to win) raspberry
3. Buy a new board and not break it over the Whistler season…
4. Get to the shred (work is the only thing that’ll hold me back since it’s a crazy few months ahead)
5. Above all have fun every day

1. More switch riding
2. Having as much fun as possible
3. Getting back to whistler or japan next year

My goal this season - hardbooting!

Blasphemy!!

PyRoMaNiAc - 19 June 2011 06:14 AM

1. More switch riding

Right on dude, the best way to take your riding to the next level right there… I challenge you to ride a whole day switch.

Or the whole season:  http://youtu.be/cI_XE2NMw44

Edit: Hey there from Evo Oz wink