The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What are your goals this season?

Cupid Stunt - 27 June 2011 07:30 AM

Learn to tie my shoelace.

Hey man, welcome back!  shaka

to learn HOW to snowboard hahaha

Having missed a year last year i want to make sure i can still ride first.

Then i need to get some larger ones to try parks. I have really only done the odd box here and there and smaller jumps.

snowboardin07 - 29 June 2011 04:26 AM

to learn HOW to snowboard hahaha

that is the MASTER goal shaka

and I went to Landgraaf in Holland for a day:

freshed up regular boarding

new achievements:
-got a lot more bending in the knees (semi-due to modification on bindings; thanks Snowboard Addiction!)
-faky/switch went a lot better
-learned how to easily go from regular to faky and back; had a lot of fun doing so :D
-box didn’t went well; way worse then last time; don’t know why, I think I wasn’t prepared for it(in my head)
-and I proved that gravity is a law to obey ^^

so some progression, next time hopefully more

MORE: I’m also looking at a new goal: getting my certificate(I don’t know if you call it that but you get it) for snowboard instructor, still looking in to it, but it’s kind of a dream ^^ so we’ll see
shred

Go for it Scarface!!!!!  shaka

landing a death defying flying squirrel is my one and only goal for this season…

deanobruce - 15 July 2011 03:03 AM

landing a death defying flying squirrel is my one and only goal for this season…

YES!  cool grin

Sc4rF4c3 - 14 July 2011 09:40 PM

-box didn’t went well; way worse then last time; don’t know why, I think I wasn’t prepared for it(in my head)

shred

You are thinking too much… it’s bad for your health.

Don’t think, just do smile

deanobruce - 15 July 2011 03:03 AM

Hell yeah deano, ill try and land one this weekend wink

You watch ill brake me collar bone or something like that lol

As long as you have someone you trust to take the perfect photo. Would hate to break yourself and have your mate just miss it!

It’ll be fatima that takes the pic!!!!! It’ll take him 4 days just to get the lens cap off!!!!!

Don’t damage the beak Warren!!!!! That’ll be an expensive bit of reconstructive surgery right there!!!!!

Cheers K2 and Mizu smirk

tjswish - 15 July 2011 06:02 AM
Sc4rF4c3 - 14 July 2011 09:40 PM

shred

You are thinking too much… it’s bad for your health.

Don’t think, just do smile

I was thinking to much when on the box and didn’t think in front(like visualizing what you’re gonna do) so I’ll remember that for next time :D
Also I think it’s because the box is flat and you can’t lean in to it like with snow, that I might have done some wrong movement because I’m not used to it :p

My goal this year…..... MAN UP AND GET SOME AIR OF A JUMP, im such a chicken, i get scared-ish right before a jump teacherboy  downer LOL

My goal, string together some good days and time on the mountain and ride switch more to set me up for a Canada trip. Even if it’s a tiny improvement to my riding it’s still good improvement and that’ll do me.