The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What are your goals this season?

My goals - more confident riding switch, and more time in the park!

AJ2theC - 19 June 2011 06:31 AM

My goal this season - hardbooting!

Blasphemy!!

Ex snowboard racers I’ve ridden with can make some seriously impressive turns in standard softboot setups, and that stems from their hardbooting backgrounds. I’d love to be able to get my whole body completely parallel with the snow in a turn - so I picked up a mint condition Burton 169 race board off eBay a while ago, and I’m dead keen to give it a whirl.

FS Cork 5s/7s
BS Cork 7s
FS handplants
BS Rodeo
Front flips off small jumps/moguls

+
More style, esp on rails
Going bigger
stop over thinking/second guessing

Holy Shit!!!!!

Got some homework there HOMEWORK!!!!  shaka

Improve general boarding(better technical riding and better switch riding)  and some basic tricks in the park

Carving switch and throwing down some 1’s and maybe 3’s off some small poppers smile

So pumped for falls!!!!

My summer boarding at the local snowflex center…

hold that grab (it just takes the commitment)
the coveted big BS 180 (realistic goal)
Air the flat on the battleship box (I dont know if it is still positioned in the same place, where you feel on top of the world when on it, so when airing over it, you are above it all)
more comfort on the quarter pipe. (I used to think I liked it’s smaller size at about 8 feet, but I think I wish it were bigger. with more transition to land on)
Invert on the quarter pipe. (dont know if I can do this without some friend coaching me through it - it doesnt work in my head with what I need to do - and I’ve watched the snowboardaddiction.com lessons over and over)
more separation of upper and lower body in regards to rails and boxes
Get there atleast 10 times over the year - ride with friends I’ve never rode with - Convince others that have never been to meet me or go with me there.

I want to try and get on some rails. will probs axe myself, but will try anyway

“Winter 2011 to do list”

-Throw in some new grabs, normally just indy..
-Cleaner 3’s.
-3’s all 4 ways: FS, BS, switch FS, switch BS.
-More FS 3’s, so used to going BS it makes FS feel weird :S
-Really want to throw down some 5’s just have to get more confident landing switch off bigger things.
-Spins on and off boxes. just 1’s on, maybe 3’s off.
-Jib harder, hit some of the bigger stuff.

Got a solid 3 months to get this down. Hopefully cross most if not all of it off the list! raspberry

I look forward to hearing everybodies progress on the team progress board.  The idea of FS corkscews scare the hell out of me so good luck with that homework!  Hopefully people can upload some videos, that’d be dope.  England’s beautiful btw thanks for asking.

i would love 2 get better at boxes n learn 2 ride rails n try n get 360’s down

rider26 - 31 May 2010 07:53 AM

What are your goals this season?

.... to stop being such a pussy.

LOL

Learn to tie my shoelace.

Cupid is back in da house excaim