The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What exercise did you do today?

thirdplace - 03 August 2012 04:41 AM
blizzard_22 - 03 August 2012 04:06 AM

A guy who use to play Gridiron in Brisbane now plays for Alabama Crimson Tide (College football) and he benched 600lbs last week gulp

Err what? 600lb? That’s seriously amazing.

Alabama’s Jesse Williams is 6-foot-4 and full of muscle

He will be in the NFL next year for sure.

cords - 03 August 2012 03:36 AM

yeah but you can increase the reps and the height you jump etc to make it harder.

Yesterday arvo, went for a skate for an hour and that was my only exercise. Not sure if i’ll get to do any today or not!

hahah Deano that is pretty mental. I could never spend that much on shoes. I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than $100 for shoes…except snowboard boots, that is!

Haha really?

Not trying to brag at all, but my most expensive footwear would be;

- $350 dress shoes
- $270 runners

Snow boots were more than both but thats the norm.

hahaha glad you’re not cos spending money on stuff isn’t something I see as worth bragging about.

My wedding shoes were $80 (reduced from $115)...soccer boots $60 reduced from $200. DC skate shoes were $50 on sale.

Those 2 pairs of shoes of yours are enough for a swedish season pass! I don’t get it! So many bargains out there to be had, no need to pay that much ever, I don’t think! Unless you do actually feel some kind of pride in having paid that much for something? I dunno?!?

Think my snowboard boots were $350 NZ on sale…

I wear $240+ runners but thanks to a beautiful thing called the internet I pay less than $100 from the UK/US

To stay on topic my exercise for the day was an afternoon walk along the esplanade. Had to keep the pace up though as the ocean breeze had a bite to it. Tried to break into a jog but my bum is still way too sore.

well, to be honest. If i can comfortable afford to buy something at the time i will buy it, that price for good dress shoes is decent, the price for runners is at the upper end but still decent in my eyes.

I manage to save money and buy most things i want, but that has all changed now i have been unemployed for a month. Back working now but my purchases will be minimised until i get back on my feet financially.

Anywho, i was going to go for a run today, but by the time we unloaded a delivery of cool room sheets i was so buggered i came home and watched some olympics and that was it. Having been off the tools for 1.5 years has made me lazy in regards to work i think! I can pump out a massive double crossfit session no worries, but have to dig holes, pour concrete, stand frames etc. and im buggered!

Thanks to a beautiful thing called lifeline I pay $20 for shoes and $6 for jeans.

I don’t get it! So many bargains out there to be had, no need to pay that much ever…

Then there is eating food from leftovers.
I don’t get it! So much food goes to waste.  evil

EXERCISE THREAD
Today I walked Sharkies beach 4 times and stumbled around the rocks at low tide for 1/2 hr.
For breakfast I’m eating party pies and apple turnover.
I still have a body worth sculpting in stone.

Today - C25K - Week 2, Day 1.

My nan used to volunteer at lifeline, i have seen the shoes and jeans there so no thanks! i will stick to my overpriced, designer labels hmmm

Ok i dont wear designer labels but you get the idea.

C25K - Week 2, Day 2.

whoo hoo my knee is slowly getting better. I still can’t straighten it completely but its feeling a lot better. I did 20kms on the exercise bike today so pretty happy.

Happy days Crackers!

This week has been good, gym every night doing a body split as well as my back strengthening and stretching.  Yesterdays Physio app was more like a workout than any of the previous visits, single leg squats and stuff, my glutes are tight as this morning.  Will hit the gym again this afternoon, probably do a lot of stretching mostly in preparation for a weekend of snowboarding.

Great news CRACKERS!!! You gonna be riding on Pirate day?

Woohoo great news crackers (and going great guns northern).

My knee is thankfully starting to behave itself (just in time for next weeks trip)

Gym every day this week with varying stuff PT, TRX, intervals, weights. Today was a 25min run followed by legs and abs.

Thanks guys. Looks like quite a few of us are on the mend!

As for pirate day…..I maybe able to ride if i strap it etc etc and stay out of the park but knowing my track record that would probably be a bad idea as I tend to push it too hard too early, especially with 50 pirates egging me on. haha

Walked dog, basketball tonight. I’m doing c25k too tobes! Except I get scared running at night