The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What exercise did you do today?

The puffer wasn’t the only problem… need new shoes (which is a hard thing to budget for in my winter!)

are your other ones falling apart or what?

If you can find the time to get out to Auburn, they have a rebel sport clearance store, adidas factory outlet, nike factory outlet as well as brooks and new balance, I think. They are all right near the Redyard cinemas on Parramatta road (near where silverwater rd crosses parra rd.) I’ve gone to get my sneakers from on of those shops there for the last 10-12 years. Got my last pair for $20 from the rebel sport clearance shop, but pay about $60-$70 on average.

Definitely worth a trip out there!

Yeah it is good out there (and Costco is across the road!)

Actually my shoes are fine (prob close to 10yrs old but look brand new - shows how much i wear them!)

But I get a lot of pain when I run and if you need footbeds in your ski/snowboard boots you need them in your runners! I want to get my trainers properly fitted and willing to pay for it (its not like i power through them LOL)

go to a podiatrist and get orthotics. Then he’ll tell you to not buy running shoes, as running shoes are light and don’t have proper support. Get cross-trainers or tennis shoes. Heavier, but much, much more supportive. If you can’t afford to get orthotics now, go and buy a cheap pair of cross-trainers and they will help your feet a lot in the mean time.

I have cross trainers they do f all for me. I was getting a lot of pain around my ankles this morning and over the top of my foot and up the sides of my shin’s…. burning pain.

alright, sounds like you need orthotics quick smart, then! Getting shoes “professionally fitted” is a bit of a crock, I don’t think it is anything you can’t figure out for yourself with a tiny bit of research…and any other footbed style things you get are just poor-man’s orthotics. (so if you’re a poor man then get them, but if you aren’t then get the proper thing!). One thing you can’t just get with a little bit of research is a podiatry degree & proper equipment with which to use that knowledge!

Good work oz!!! It sounds like to do need some decent foot beds/orthotics, but also decent shoes to go with it.

I absolutely love my Nike freeruns, so comfortable.

Oh I forgot the funniest thing from this morning.

I start with the 5min walk and then move into the jog. 2 secs later keys fall out my pocket, phone falls out my pocket…

Turns out it is a smart idea to have zips on your pockets! Now I know why people have those arm bands for their ipods!

cords - 01 August 2012 11:12 PM

Got my last pair for $20 from the rebel sport clearance shop, but pay about $60-$70 on average.

My last pair cost me 11 times what yours did LOL  And they prob feel/do the exact same thing!

Went for a…shit dont know how many Km’s run today, was good..until it got dark! Also being outside on the tools again is going to help my general fitness, been climbing up and down ladders all day.

cords - 01 August 2012 10:50 PM

nice work, lanox! How did you go with it? Was it hard?

I did pretty much nothing yesterday, a bit of incidental exercise when I went grocery shopping, and that is about it! Will try and do something a bit more active today. Hopefully I can drag freddy for a skate this arvo when he comes home from work, so I don’t have to go for a run.

Cords

Surprisingly it was quiet hard when you do it for like 1 min intervals every exercise except the one that he slides on the board couldn’t do that one anywhere.

my legs are killing me even today so much pain lol i think they are good to do, the only thing is once your body gets use to it i think it will be very easy.

Today I went to the gym 2km row, then went for a 4km run around the gym, then came back and did a half an hour PT session of weights and boxing. Bit shattered but pleased to report I started a 12 week challenge with the gym last weekend and have lost 3.5kg this week. Feeling great too which is always a bonus.

yeah but you can increase the reps and the height you jump etc to make it harder.

Yesterday arvo, went for a skate for an hour and that was my only exercise. Not sure if i’ll get to do any today or not!

hahah Deano that is pretty mental. I could never spend that much on shoes. I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than $100 for shoes…except snowboard boots, that is!

A guy who use to play Gridiron in Brisbane now plays for Alabama Crimson Tide (College football) and he benched 600lbs last week gulp

C25K - Week 1, day 3.

Oz - If you were in melbourne I’d suggest going to footpro, not too sure if there’s something similar in Sydney.

blizzard_22 - 03 August 2012 04:06 AM

A guy who use to play Gridiron in Brisbane now plays for Alabama Crimson Tide (College football) and he benched 600lbs last week gulp

Err what? 600lb? That’s seriously amazing.