The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What exercise did you do today?

I’m going snowboarding on the weekend. That counts, right?

of course!

Went to a Shitness First gym in the gong with a mate, man that place is ballsack. Full of roidies, skinny wanna be alpha’s walking like they have watermelons under their arm pits/puffing out their imaginary chest and a few cute girls.

Think i will stick to my old school type gyms!

LOL

Yeah FF gyms are the worst for that kind of thing.

Been killing the cardio on the SUP the last few days, today I had a 25min walk at 5:30am, to dark for a paddle and the sarvo I just did a round trip around Scotland Island in Pittwater of 8km, took a bit under 90mins, average speed of 5.4kmh and burned 1054cals according to the GPS app I have on my phone.

pumped out a lil 8k run today, was all good for the first 6 k’s on the sand, as soon as i hit the road BAM my knee shit itself and had to hobble the last 1k back to my car.

I bought myself a skipping rope the other day.

It’s the thought that counts.

Tobi - 11 October 2012 09:34 AM

I bought myself a skipping rope the other day.

It’s the thought that counts.

Soul sisters!

Started running again this week. Haven’t done ANY exercise all year. Nothing. It’s safe to say I’m am more unfit now than I have ever been.

Ran 2.5k on Monday and again last night. By the end of it I was hurting big time LOL. Took me about 12-13 minutes too.  red face

Will keep this up a few times a week for the next week or so. Hopefully I’ll be able to start increasing my distances and speed after this.

Signed up for tough mudder in January, so I have some serious work to do before then.

Yesterday I went tow-in surfing at sunrise, rode 42km before lunch then played 18 holes of golf. I was so spent!

Big day Bjoey, where did you tow?

I went to the gym today for the first time in over 2 months.

michelle

C25K - Week 1, day 1.

Coach to 5k haha cool. I was just talking to my sister about this, she’s been doing it for a while and she’s twice as fit as the last time I saw her. Go for it Tobi.

Myself, I’m trying to work out every second day and build muscles that support my joint for snowboarding. Also a bit of extra muscle to land on is good I think.
I’m also about to buy a cheap mountain bike to work on my legs. I’m told it’s the best thing you can do to strengthen the muscles to support your knees.

Andy Aitken - 15 October 2012 04:18 AM

Coach to 5k haha cool. I was just talking to my sister about this, she’s been doing it for a while and she’s twice as fit as the last time I saw her. Go for it Tobi.

Ha ha my issue is that I don’t stick with the f*&king; program.

I’ll start doing C25K then I’ll stop going to the gym for a while due to work/uni and then I’ll start going back and I’ll start doing weights again instead.

Need to learn to stick with the program and go on a regular basis.

That’s the hardest part, but it’s so important.