The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What exercise did you do today?

Had a cool little adventure today, went with a mate in his boat to box head, strapped the SUP’s across the back of the boat and went for a SUP surf in epic little 2ft peelers, according to the GPS I topped out at 40kmh, I find that a little hard to believe but a lot of spikes were about 20kmh which is a little more believable.  So much fun though, I loved it.

I played 40 mins of touch footy with a cracked rib.  Am regretting it now :( scored though smile

Was ride to work day today, so thought I may as well pull out the bike and cruise into work. Wasnt a very strenuous ride tho haha. The way home is faster which is nice

Nice work!

What app is that?

I’ve recently gotten access to the bike lockers & showers under my building. The plan is to ride to work about twice per week. I need to get a helmet, lights & a bike pump first. And i haven’t done any road riding in year so it should be interesting….

Yesterday;
1.82km stomp around the block with the flatmate
then 4 rounds of - 3 seconds skipping, 1 minute rest.

Today; C25K week 1, day 2.

I started back at Bikram yoga last night, after a 1.5 year hiatus. It absolutely smashed me and I’m quite sore today. Great to be back though and I’ll be going regularly from now on.

Sweet F A!!!
Corked my calf at ball yesterday, limping round like a lil ol’ lady!!!

Made me get out of my 10:10 game tonight though, woohoo shaka

Oh Billy!! Disgraceful mate! Tsk tsk. raspberry

I’ve just got back into bike riding! Some nice long and short tracks in my area and found some hidden MTB tracks too! I heart MTB!! But I need a riding buddy :(

I am doing zero exercise this week. Last week of uni though, my last thing is due next monday night….after that we have one month until we leave for sweden and I intend to do some kind of exercise every day until I leave. I’m so sick of this computer/study room!

cords - 23 October 2012 10:24 AM

Last week of uni. I’m so sick of this computer/study room!

I understand exactly how you feel.

Last week of uni for me also, I’ve got a take home exam/assignment due on Thursday night and I’m done. I’m so over sitting at this desk.

Still managed to make it to the gym on my lunch break and did a C25K session.

Pumped out a 4km paddle this morning, did two 4km paddles yesterday and one 3km paddle Monday, that was hard after the weekends hiking endeavours!

Nice work mate! My arms are hurting just at the thought if it.  ohh

I managed a 3k run last night. I’m so unfit it’s laughable. 3km and I’m spent, but just taking it one run at a time. I’ll try and stretch them out a bit further each time I go, and hopefully increase my pace as well.

Tobi - 17 October 2012 11:11 AM

Nice work!

What app is that?

I’ve recently gotten access to the bike lockers & showers under my building. The plan is to ride to work about twice per week. I need to get a helmet, lights & a bike pump first. And i haven’t done any road riding in year so it should be interesting….

Yesterday;
1.82km stomp around the block with the flatmate
then 4 rounds of - 3 seconds skipping, 1 minute rest.

Today; C25K week 1, day 2.

It is Bike Tracks, the bike version of the SkiTracks that most of us used this snow season. I quite like it.

I rode home and had a quicker ride with higher top speed, but didnt get the final stats as my phone died 2km before getting home.

I want to start riding to work more often, but need to buy some new pedals and shoes. Only got cages atm (bit silly seeing its a road race bike, but thats how I bought it), so need proper road shoes and pedals if I’m gonna ride more often.
just cant afford it this month

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 24 October 2012 12:19 AM

I want to start riding to work more often, but need to buy some new pedals and shoes. Only got cages atm (bit silly seeing its a road race bike, but thats how I bought it), so need proper road shoes and pedals if I’m gonna ride more often.
just cant afford it this month

That doesn’t sound too bad really. My plan is to start riding my specialized mountain bike into work. Yes, I know it’s not ideal however I’m not going to bother spending cash on a road bike until I know that I’m actually going to use it. I’ve already got 3 bikes I hardly ever use there’s no point spending the cash on another one.

Still haven’t gotten around to getting a helmet or lights, like you cash is a little tight this month. (Turns out my flatmate has a bike pump so that part is covered).

Can’t ride to work even if I wanted to, bout 70km round trip with lots of hills, dubious traffic and worse drivers, no showers at work and I need to wear a suit when I go to the office so no dice!  Did lots of arm curls last night and am suffering today with a reasonably hideous hangover, I will go for a surf or a paddle a bit later to blow out the cobwebs though!

I’m going to Bikram yoga again tonight. 90 minutes of pain and sweat.