The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

FIFA World Cup 2010

I heard Robben was injured. Anyone know more?

Anyone want to post up their Dream starting 11 this world cup?

For me:

Goalkeeper - Vincent Enyeama (Nigeria)
Defence - Sergio Ramos (Spain), Lucio (Brazil), Gerard Pique (Spain), Fabio Coentrao (Portugal)
Midfield - Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Xavi Hernandez (Spain), Andres Iniesta (Spain), Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands)
Forwards - David Villa (Spain), Lionel Messi (Argentina)

I haven’t heard anything about it? I read an article published yesterday that had comments from him and there was no mention of injury other than his pre tournament hamstring injury.

I only saw it on the fantasy world cup site. He was in my team and there was an injury note next to his name but it didn’t have any details. I just googled and couldn’t find anything. Sorry about the scare…  big surprise

LOL all good, I am praying the Dutch win… if they do I sooooo will not be going to work on Monday!

damn that would have helped Spain alot if he wasnt playing haha, owell its going to be a great game either way

It will be great either way since neither have won before!

Interesting first half of football. Can’t believe that boot into the chest. 2nd half about to start, back to the tv.

Yeah Spain!

I won the Fantasy league, but lost in the world cup mode to t-spec by 3 points! grrrr
I can’t believe the Germans didn’t play neuer - that was a big fat 0 for me

Yeah!!! Spain have finally won the world cup

:’-( bugger… Oh well Spain had it all over holland all game, the Dutch just couldn’t match them in any facet of the game. Well done to Spain, except for that PAHETIC dive. That is what makes me dislike soccer!

I wish they’d ban the soccer games at the Vuvuzuela concerts… It was so distracting this morning.

Tills - 12 July 2010 01:22 AM

I wish they’d ban the soccer games at the Vuvuzuela concerts… It was so distracting this morning.

LOL

Wooh, beat Gamblor this round! but not by enough…
Was a great game to watch. Some atrocious tackling from the Dutch. Some of it looked more at home in UFC rather than on a soccer pitch.
Kudos to Spain!
Vamos ESPANA!

i’m glad spain won. I really didn’t like the way the Dutch played. Sure both teams will do their fair share of diving on the day, but the first half was just shocking by the dutch.

i can’t believe that Jackie Chan kung-fu kick to the chest of Alonso wasn’t a red card.