The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

FIFA World Cup 2010

It comes on here at 2:30PM.
I leave work at 3.
I’ll try and watch the first 30 min or so.
I’ve been watching it on the computer via espn3.com

Once I get home, I’ll be too into catching up with my wife and out son (and the 3yr old nephew that is with us this week) to be able to catch the rest of the game, but I’ll be looking at the score and highlights etc.

Not real sure what team I’m picking, but I picked the Netherlands before on previous games, so I’ll pick them again.
Who has a better chance against Germany?

The GER and ESP game will be like a finals, though. 2 great teams.

But I typically vote for the underdog when I’m not too particilar, and in this case, between these 4 teams…
Spain has only got 4th place and that was 1950.
Netherlands were runner up (2nd) in 1974, and 1978, and also 4th in 1998.
Uruguay won it all twice, in 1950 and 1930, and 4th place twice, 1954 and 1970.
Now, Germany won it all 3 times 1954, 1974, 1and 1990 and then were runner up 4X with 2002 being most recent… and 3rd 3 times, including 2006, and then they were 4th once.

Germany clearly has the legacy and success.
I would like to see other teams have that excitement. I’m hoping for the Netherlands.

i managed to get up for the game this morning but halfway through I really wondered if it was worth it. The end was good though!
Holland are a dirty team though. Too much diving. Not that Uruguay wasn’t dirty either.
Looking forward to the game tonight!

So glad Netherlands beat Uruguay, I’m still upset about the Suarez hand ball against Ghana.

I’m watching Spain and Germany now.
I hope Spain wins.

Spain vs Netherlands. So stoked they are the final two teams. Neither has ever won the World Cup and both deserve to be in the final. I watched the Netherlands vs Uruguay game last night, Giovanni van Bronckhorst’s goal was incredible, definitely the best goal of the tournament. I’m really excited for the final.

Yeah go the Dutch!!

Awesome header from puyol, I loved how he was only challenged by pique for the header.  Should be a good final, can robben and sneider take their chances?

Oh man I am in two minds weather to watch the final or not!!!

Firstly, I am from a dutch family, my Dad was born in Rotterdam and most of my relos are still there. So I have my family telling me to watch it. However, my thoughts are, when I watch them, they don’t play well… What to do!?! Argh! *face palm*

soo glad that Germany are not in it anymore!! Spain to win the world cup!!!!

Go Spain! They truly play beautiful football.

The netherlands’ Van Bommel is a thug

Glad to see Span and The Netherlands together.
Either team is a victory for me.
but, I’ll vote for Spain, the least decorated of the 2.
They only landed 4th in the FIFA world cup in 1950.
Whereas the Netherlands have done much better in recent years.

I would like to see the Netherlands win, but however “on paper” I reckon Spain looks more likely to take out the title…..

Will the octopus be doing any predicting for the non-German games?

On the Today show this morning, they had to plates of food - one plate was labelled Spain, the other Netherlands. The turtle went for the Spain plate. Good enough for me!

What’s the octopus predicting thing????

Episode 6

snowslider - 09 July 2010 12:56 PM

What’s the octopus predicting thing????

yea, apparently there’s some kind of octopus in germany that predicts the winning team.. and got them all right so far.. Predicted Spain to take it out the Final..

By the way, anyone heading out to Darling Harbour on Monday to watch it???

Paul the Oracle Octopus has been 100% so far in this world cup… He was in Euro 2008 as well, until he got the final wrong! I hope, for my better half (snowcrazy) he is wrong again this time!