The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Introduce yourself here..

I might wear a dress AJ, but I definitely ain’t no chickee!!!!!

* Just realizes he’s in the Girls Only Section!!!!! teacherboy

LOL Well done Post Queen!

Haha Mizu, thats what you get for snooping around the girls only section.  wink

AJAY5 - 23 July 2012 12:07 PM

Haha Mizu, thats what you get for snooping around the girls only section.  wink

LOL

You tell em Ajay!!

Hi! I’m Julie I first had a taste of snowboarding last season but didn’t get too far with it. This year I’ve been up twice and starting to get better at it smile I’ve definitely been bitten by the snow bug..!

haha sweet! welcome, julie! Whereabouts have you been doing your riding?

Welcome Julie shaka where ya from/where ya been riding?

There are lots of great ppl on here so get amongst it! shred

Welcome Julie smile

Thanks smile I’ve been riding mainly at Falls Creek. I went to Selwyn over the weekend and wanting to head to Perisher/Thredbo before the end of the season. I live in Wagga (which is halfway between Sydney and Melbourne) so i’m only a few hours away from all the mountains which is good. I wish I could go every weekend but unfortunately funds don’t allow me to do that :(

How did you like Selwyn? do you like to ride in the park? I’ve been there a lot with my friends & we get the $25 park pass, so it ends up being a really cheap riding weekend. We’re heading there on the 18th and 19th of August for a pirate dress up weekend! There’s heaps of people coming this year (I think we’re at about 50 so far!...of all levels and ages! You’d be more than welcome to come along. We’ve got sponsors for some prizes (best stack, best dress up etc) as well!
If you’re keen, I can PM you the details for the accommodation we’re getting

Welcome to BW shorty! Great to have another girl on board shred

cords - 30 July 2012 03:30 AM

How did you like Selwyn? do you like to ride in the park? I’ve been there a lot with my friends & we get the $25 park pass, so it ends up being a really cheap riding weekend. We’re heading there on the 18th and 19th of August for a pirate dress up weekend! There’s heaps of people coming this year (I think we’re at about 50 so far!...of all levels and ages! You’d be more than welcome to come along. We’ve got sponsors for some prizes (best stack, best dress up etc) as well!
If you’re keen, I can PM you the details for the accommodation we’re getting

I didn’t mind Selwyn.. As i’m still learning the basics it was a good just to cruise around and practice.. I would love to come to the Pirate Dress Up Weekend except I already have a trip planned to go back to Falls, thanks for the offer though! Definately keep posting any other trips you may plan as I am quite keen to meet new people and have other girls to board/ski with smile All the people I go with are guys and they have been boarding longer so I tend to get left behind a bit. Lol.

The Shred in Sept might work for you!

https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/5539/

A bunch of girls of differing levels will be there!

I find Selwyn is great for learning to snowboard. Gentle slopes make it easy to practice your turns smile you will progress in no time shred

I already made a couple posts before coming by this, but hey everyone, I’m Alex, I’m 22 and I live in Canada. I also didn’t realize this was a .au site until after I signed up haha. I’m going to be working in Whistler this season, my first time, and I’m super stoked! Glad this forum exists, been getting some great tips/advice smile