The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

what stance do you ride

Yeah, I agree with movin both bindings in together!!!!! Like skip said, ya might notice anythin by just movin one but you would think that it will change the way the board was meant yo ride!!!!!

As for ya angles, just use what ya normally ride, that way ya can see how the new board feels as compared to your old one!!!!! Plus those angles sound spot on for the type of ridin that ya do!!!!!

Lester86 - 08 November 2011 06:45 AM

Got a question about stance so I normally ride about 20-21 width, +15 to 18 front , -5 to -8 back but the thing is if my ref points are 22in apart do you guys recommend I bring both feet in about .5-.75 in or should I just bring the front foot back 1-1.5 in to get my desired stance width, I have burton custom which is a directional board so I’m just wondering I know of I bring the front back I will get better float in powder but is there any downside to it?

I do mostly freeride but still mess around sometime riding switch but not that often, mostly do high speed carving, jumps any suggestion on stance width and angles would also be great appreciated

Does your Custom have the channel or 3D hole pattern?

After riding on Saturday, I’m gonna bring my stance in to 20.5 inch from 21 inches. For some reason, 21 inches seems just a little wide even though that’s what I ride all last season, weird.

Could also be just getting used to riding again skip - few months off and some of the muscles may not have the flexibility that you had at the end of last season.

Yeah probably. Tried a friend’s board but he rides a 22”, I almost couldn’t turn and my quads were on fire after just a few minutes. I wonder how I used to ride 22.5” for a few days last season lol. Just strapping in at home, 20.5” felt really nice.

Last season i had a 21” stance for all mountain riding this year I’m working on progressing on my freestyle skills and jumps then taking those skills to the backcountry riding any recommendations on stance width compared to last season or widen it up and make adjustments along the way? just wondering the pros and cons to the wider stance, I have the Wedgie 2.5 & 4.0 Footbed so that helps if I were to go wider then usual.

lanox - 07 November 2011 04:45 AM

since i just purchased my new board(thanks to rider), i was wondering what stance do you guys used and do you prefer duck stance of forward stance and what would you recommend for a beginner.

Yo Lanox

Congrats on the purchase. A new board is always a beautiful thing wink

I ride 15/15 and centered on the board because I ride lots of switch.

For a begginer I DO NOT recommend 0/15 angles. Though this is a good stance to get people turning, it’s not so good for your health.
A sports scientist told me the no angle should ever be Zero because it doesn’t allow your knees to bend sideways, and knee injuries are really bad news.

Instead I suggest something similar like -6 +15. It still feels like begginer stance but it lets the knees bend sideways.

Hope that’s helpful ollie