The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Questions on AoF trick

Ok so I’m not really good on counting how many spins past 900s. What was the trick Travis did at the end of the Jackson Hole segment (if any of you guys have it on DVD or iTunes can take a look again)? Is it a double rodeo 1080? Cuz there is an interview where they ask the opinions of ppl who watched it and a kid said it’s a double rodeo 1440?

Quiet weekend?  ... me too :(

Had to watch this a few times as the jump is split between two camera angles and it’s not in slo mo. From what I can tell he come in regular, spins frontside three and half times, is upside down once (at the 3/4 mark) and lands switch.  I’m no good with trick names.

TR’s slo mo trick just before it is a straight up 1260.

Lago’s brain rattler is a double rodeo something…?

He starts off goofy and lands goofy so it must be either a 1080 or 1440, and I think he’s upside down 2x. Yah, Lago’s jawbreaker is a double rodeo, said it in an interview.

You beat me to my edit.

Not sure if we’re taling about the same jump here, but he definitively leaves left foot forward and land right foot forward. There’s sweet BR copies on TPB.

Ok, scene just before the eagle right? Double 10.

Yepp the scene just before the eagle. That’s what I thought, double rodeo 10. The kid in the interview must be wrong then, saying it’s a double rodeo 1440. I was like no way Travis spinned that much.

AJ2theC - 06 November 2011 06:13 AM

There’s sweet BR copies on TPB.

thanking you kindly, off to rip me some BR sweetness

can anyone say if the Mark Mcmorris trick was the triple cork? I remember thinking it was at the movies but haven’t seen it since then.

Yes, it was a triple cork. Not sure how many times he spins though, might be 1440.

sweet - so nuts! looking forward to getting a dvd copy and giving it a good work out.

Ya lots of extra footage that I thought shoudve made the movie. Lots of funny stuff too from Lago and Mark.