The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Which boarder(s) do you think are underrated/overrated?

which ones do you think deserve more publicity/attention/kudos and which ones dont deserve all the attention they’re getting?

Well I definitely deserve a $1,000,000 contract!!!!!  long face

Mizu Kuma - 29 June 2011 04:37 AM

Well I definitely deserve a $1,000,000 contract!!!!!  long face

haha you never know what’ll happen. dreams come true right? :D

overated? Stephen Maurer!! why is that guy even a pro?

Underrated? Sebastian Toutant/Mark McMorris/Eric Willet….get these guys in films ASAP they are going off right now!!!!

yeah, not sure why Maurer’s pro, let alone for Burton!

@powderass: Are you serious? Maurer is insanely good. Just watch what he does on a Fish.

underrated: Temple Cummins, Aaron Robinson, Blair Habenicht, Blake Paul.

i was looking for Maurer’s big method with the skier dad in the photo but found this pov cam instead. so sick!

PowderAss - 29 June 2011 05:12 AM

overated? Stephen Maurer!! why is that guy even a pro?

Underrated? Sebastian Toutant/Mark McMorris/Eric Willet….get these guys in films ASAP they are going off right now!!!!

Have to agree with Willet there.

I’d like to see these contest kids filming some video parts…kinda hard to argue with seb toots though….

Controversial opinion of the day:  Basically anyone who’s famous who isn’t called either: Xavier, Torstein, Sexton, Jones (BM), Jackson, Rice or Haldor is over rated.

no love for shaun white?

How about Terje, nico, gigi? raspberry

I think Sexton is overrated. but then again I think those ‘urban’ vids are so boring. whoop-di-doo he did a boardslide 8 different ways on the same rail, from the same camera angle. then he got angry and threw his board…sooooo rock n’ roll
When are they going to realize that wallrides are lame?
I used to get stoked on rail riding…..10 years ago!
Nowadays, I get only still get stoked from the forum rail movies (their music & editing is really tight and manage to make a mostly urban vid interesting) and from guys pushing the envelope like Halldor. Torstein and eero are up there too.

Watching a guy boost a huge b180 = timeless
watching a guy fs boardslide a 10 stair rail = lame (I mean 90% of park rats can do it! )

im going to go ahead and agree with you 300%, i need back country, airs, tree riding and a lil bit of urban

deanobruce - 30 June 2011 12:50 AM

im going to go ahead and agree with you 300%, i need back country, airs, tree riding and a lil bit of urban

< high five >

I agree with Gamblor. Urban vids are boring. I’m fine with watching people cruising the park hitting rails/boxes but urban boarding at the streets is just blah to me. Scott Stevens is one of the very few I enjoy watching.

@aidy: I disagree with you for all of em except Sexton. I do think he is overrated. But guys like Travis and Xavier are definitely not overrated.

Some more underrated snowboarder: Josh Dirksen, David Benedek, Mark Landvik (I think one of the only few guys who can hang with Travis in the backcountry)

skip11 - 30 June 2011 02:54 AM

David Benedek

Benedek is the man! Although I haven’t seen too much from him in the last couple of years. No doubt he is still setting the bar.

im going against you all, i am absolutely loving these urban style vids, coming from a skate background i think the visuals of snow meets city scape is so friggin awesome i tend to find the back country stuff a little more un-interesting (as apposed) to “boring”. I really want to get The Arena DVD, i guy on youtube TOMMYMOVIE has uploaded alot of there stuff and it kills mad hip hop tracks and urban boarding so so so DOPE.