The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Which boarder(s) do you think are underrated/overrated?

I was also about to agree with all the Urban vids being super boring. but then I remembered that the think thank vids like thanks brain are far and away my favourite vids to watch and the only ones im likely to watch more then once, and large parts of those are urban stuff.

rider26 - 30 June 2011 03:25 AM

The Arena looks so good! Actually I might buy a copy today when I go into STM. Thanks for reminding me.

Not out yet. Doh!  shut eye

I thought the Arena was out already. I remember watching it (well I downloaded it haha) couple of months ago.

Not in Australia yet. Or at least we haven’t got it in at STM yet. I’ll make some calls on Monday.  raspberry

skip11 - 01 July 2011 02:21 AM

@deanobruce: I think Terje is more like the MJ of snowboarding.

I don’t think Shaun White is overrated at all. Just look at all his accomplishments (granted it’s pipe and slopestyle only). I think once he started doing big mountain people will respect him more.

Also I think MFM is a bit underrated, maybe part of it is because of the tech9 image I don’t know.

I think Terje is like a pioneer.
If Shaun White is like the Tony Hawk of Skateboarding, Terje is Steve Cabalero.
He took the Method Grab and made it an art form!
Now the Method has gone from a grab to a skill that you improve for the rest of your life.

Terje is soooo comfortable no matter where he is, from the MASSIVE peak to the park, he has got it balanced!!!!!

Plus the guy is publicly humble and doesn’t come across as a dick!!!!! Like so many good sports people unfortunately do!!!!!

I remember hearin/seein somewhere that he was talkin about one of his worst injuries that he had from snowboarding!!!!! He did it gettin of the lift!!!!! And he could still laugh about it!!!!! The sign of a well balanced individual!!!!! Respect!!!!!

I agree with mizu, the best snowboarders are those with balance, the ones that can do everything.  Rice and White don’t really fit this category as they don’t do hand rails and backcountry jumps respectively (well both for White) where as haldor and torstein make a mockery of the lot!  Check out Torstein’s part in the storming and tell me how many other riders would have the skills/balls/style to put that part together!

I don’t think Terje is under or over rated he changed snowboarding and everybody knows it (don’t they?) 

It’s a shame benedek stopped making normal video parts so soon in his career…lame

shaun white rides rails quite well. check the x-games or any slopestyle comp. Trice used to go in slopestyle contests before too. I guess if you mean urban rails, then no.

I don’t think toots or mcmorris or the other young contest winners are underrated. They’re putting their time in in the competition circuit before hitting the video part scene. They’ll get their props in due time.

John Jackson is also a sick rider, same gnarly type as Rice. I don’t think he’s necessarily underrated or overrated.

Jussi Oksanen anyone? He’s definitely one of those kill-it-all riders I’ve always enjoyed watching.

sickest video part of the year

I’m with you there skip, how about that switch back 9 to finish!

Them some of the biggest jumps I’ve ever seen…

Luke Mitrani. Didn’t realize this kid has such good style in the pipe

skip11 - 04 July 2011 02:12 PM

Luke Mitrani. Didn’t realize this kid has such good style in the pipe

I’ve always thought the mitrani bro’s were beast(: