The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New board beginner / intermediate

Awesome just got my boots, sooo my first snowboard set up!!!!

Omatic Boron 2011

Rome 390 Bindings

DC Scout 2011 boots

Cant wait to test it all out!!!!!!!!!

Sick setup dude. You will rock that out for years IMO

Amped, furts!!!!!

Get some pics up so we can share in the stoke!!!!

frankfurts - 04 July 2011 03:16 AM

Aint nothing wrong with a lounge room olie/butter session wink

AJ2theC - 04 July 2011 05:20 AM

Aint nothing wrong with a lougeroom olie/butter session wink

was doing that the other night…then the missus racked the shits cause i almost cleaned up the tv

deanobruce - 04 July 2011 07:01 AM

was doing that the other night…then the missus racked the shits cause i almost cleaned up the tv

Bahahaha, I almost did that in the picture above! :(

Hey guys my bindings arrived today so now i gotta put them on the board, I read the guide in the snow section of this site so would i be correct in setting up a duck stance with 15 degree angle front and back? Next time i go down i want to learn to ride switch better. I’ll post some pics when its all set up

Duck stance is when your front binding is set to a positive angle and your back binding is set to a negative angle. Play around with the angles and use whatever is comfortable. 15, -15 is fine to start with, actually it’s the exact angles I use. I would usually recommend starting with less of an angle on your back binding, if you haven’t tried duck stance before; maybe -6 or -9. The key is trying different angles so you can feel the difference. Eventually you will work out what works best for you.

And if you are weird like me, you run +24 in the front and -18 in the back or you get pain all over…

I know weird right…

nice scallywag in that pic! i almost bought one (surf shop in shellharbour village had one for like 40% off)

i rock my bindings at…sh!t i cant remember. i think its 12 or 9 and -15

Sweet got all my gear here and is all set up now. Went +15, -12 with the bindings. Heading down in 2 weeks to give it a whirl!!!!

^^^ nice set up mate
shaka

deanobruce - 07 July 2011 06:31 AM

nice scallywag in that pic! i almost bought one (surf shop in shellharbour village had one for like 40% off)

thats one of my locals smile

deanobruce - 07 July 2011 06:31 AM

i rock my bindings at…sh!t i cant remember. i think its 12 or 9 and -15

Mizu Kuma owned that shop deano for like 5 years…... Than sold it to his sister inlaw grin

That’s where i got me JP walker board from and also was 40% off….... YEAH BOI