The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New board beginner / intermediate

Good choice, frankfurts.  grin

Hey i’m just about to go to the shop to try out some boots, is there any ‘stand out’ boots that i should keep a look out for? They haven’t got the largest range here in the gong.

not really. just try on every boot in your size (no matter the price range) then choose the one that fits best and falls in your budget. It’s always good to try on more expensive boots, even if it’s just to see what you’re missing.  There might be a pair that is perfect for you and would be worth going over budget for.

Prolly worthwhile headin to Cooma or Jindy for ya boots, furts!!!!!

And like Gamblor said, take ya time and try on every boot that ya can!!!!!

And Don’t buy on colour/brand alone, as once ya pants are pulled over the top of them, ya wont really care what they look like!!!!!

Go for somethin with a soft flex if ya new to the gam or a park rat, and somethin a bit stiffer if ya wanna bomb the hills!!!!!  shaka

Let us know what ya end up gettin too!!!!!

Damn only place i know of in the gong that hires doesn’t sell any boots only hire. Does anyone know of any shops in the illawarra area with a decent stock in snow gear? The one i used to go to is closed down :( Haven’t got the time to go elsewhere, unless i pick them up on the way down the snow next time.

Yeah, get em on the way down!!!!!

Rythm at Cooma, First Tracks, Cherri Pow, ESS or Time 2 Ride at Jindy!!!!!

You’ll be spoilt for choice!!!!!  shaka

SWS in Oak flats (just opened - its opposite Hungry Jacks and near beacon lighting). If you’re nearby its worth dropping in there and seeing if there is anything that takes your fancy - otherwise drop in on the way down the snow, as mizu suggested.

Cool thanks for that mate I’ll head down there tomorrow and check it out.

as been said sws. i used to get my gear from extreme but from what i have read on here its closed down.

What does everyone think of The DC Scout boots? Out of the ones i tried out, (Burton Rulers, Rome SDS pureflex, Forum and Vans can’t remember all the model names) They were by far the most comfortable but they had a lot of flex. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

If it fits you the best and the most comfortable go for it. Everyone has different feet so we can’t tell you if a boot is bad or not. Personally, I prefer stiffer boots because for some reason my horrible foot pain goes away and also gives me good support/response when carving.

They were the most comfy i just wasn’t sure if it was going to negatively effect my boarding with a more flexible boot.

If they were comfortable, then I’d go for them - but I’d just warn you that I hope they are cheap. I’ve owned DC scouts before and the toe of them scuffed the first time I wore them and it all went downhill from there. The sole started peeling off after that…In saying that I glued them up and they lasted me a whole season of riding (86 days) but by then they were well and truly shot. If the price is good - go for them!

If ya a newbie or ya gonna be predominately in the Park, then a soft flex in a boot is what ya after, furts!!!!!!

DC boots are good, and as long as they felt comfortable, and have NO heel lift when ya flex forward onto ya toes, then they should suit nicely!!!!!

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT HEEL LIFT IS YOUR ENEMY!!!!!  shaka

I’m gonna go with the scouts then cos I usually only board 2 weeks a season so they should last me a few years. :D