The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Leather gloves

The missus has a new pair of pow leather gloves and I want to know if i need to waterproof them with the satchel they came with or they are right to use out of the box
cheers

use the waterproofing first. is it nikwax? otherwise the leather will eventually crack.

it sucks putting it on but

yeh nikwax just dab it on and put hand in glves and pretend your washing you hands?

LOL. you’re a smarter man than me!
I always rub it in with bare hands and make a mess. Next time I’ll try it your way!

Just be careful to avoid the snot pad on the thumbs or they’ll go hard

Haha I’m on the same boat with gamblor. Usually spread it with my hands lol. Rubbing them together with the gloves on seems like a way better idea haha.

Leather gloves are awesome. Absolutely love mine.

Wow, I think Cabletie just taught us all a lesson raspberry

love the POW gloves (got the pow assaults)
mine is going 3 seasons strong now (i do switch out sometimes)

very good waterproofing,
haven’t reapplied the Nikwax

only gets wet inside the glove when i do stupid sh$t like
put wet liner into glove or drag snow in when forgetting to close the gauntlets

humdingaling - 04 July 2011 06:06 AM

love the POW gloves (got the pow assaults)
mine is going 3 seasons strong now (i do switch out sometimes)

very good waterproofing,
haven’t reapplied the Nikwax

only gets wet inside the glove when i do stupid sh$t like
put wet liner into glove or drag snow in when forgetting to close the gauntlets

Sooo good smile

Meanwhile, welcome to boardworld. Go visit the social section and introduce yourself smile

I got these Burton’s in 2007, applied the wax (with my gloves on! another smart bean here!) and the wax lasted for 3 years. Reapplied after last season.

The Burton RPM leather gloves were one of the best sets of gloves I’ve ever owned. I recently bought a new pair. I use the ‘smart’ method for applying Nikwax too.  raspberry

I will get the stealths next i think i have a set of non leather pows which are so far good but found when i tried on the Burton RPM the zip annoyed me and i could feel the stitching on my palm under the thumb

The RPM gloves I originally had were from 2005. I usually just kept the zipper open anyway; made no difference as it was under my sleeve.