The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thredbo 2011

skip11 - 26 June 2011 05:42 AM

How do you like your T.Rice Mizu?

With only a couple of days under foot, and on ice and slush, I like it so far skip!!!!

I can’t wait to muck around in the pow on it!!!!!

The one thing that I have noticed is a lack of pop, but I expected that havin rocker in it!!!!

Good to know :D

PARK UPDATE:

On Wednesday the 22nd and Thursday the 23rd we rebuilt the Cruiser and Highnoon terrain parks putting in alot of our new features including some of the DC features. The DC C-Rail and DC Down Flat.

The Cruiser terrain park now features a 3m dance floor box, a 6m flat box, a 9m down box and a 9m flat down box aimed at the beginner to lower intermediate rider.

The Highnoon park has a heavy street style/industrial theme with alot of different street style set ups and 3 lift tower tube combinations to keep things interesting.
The park is aimed at the intermediate to advanced rider. The line consists of 6m street style down lift tower tube, 7m street style flat round bar, 6m banked box, 6m street style dc down/flat rail, 9m street style dc c-rail, gap to 6m down lift tower tube and the 8m a-frame lift tower tube.

I’m going to have to strap my knee up more and wear my body armor so I can hit it for some video footage.

Or I’ll get Charles to do it for me…

Mizu and Spaz, awesome vids guys! Love the tunes you chose as well!

Watching the vids just made my crap day feel a lot better grin

Thanks blizz!!!!!  cool smile

both those vids are dope fella’s those cameras are hecktik. angles look so good

Cheers Sukah!!!!!  shaka

Wish I was doing more right now!

This is where I’m impatient Mizu - getting to the snow!

Mini Trip Report – Mr & Mrs Mizu go to Thredbo in June

A little late but I’d thought I’d have a go at writin a TR, as I have never done one before!!!!!

Decided to book a late one after clinchin a flexi day from work, and hearin that snow was on its way for the Aussie Alps!!!!
Wednesday 22nd the snow came while we were packin to get there for the Thursday and Friday to get the first turns in over 10 months!!!!!
Thursday up at 3am to get down for an early start, stopping at Goulburn Macca’s for a caffeine fix that was made by Amy Winehouse’s twin sister!!!! Never go back there again as I am still havin nightmares to this day!!!!

Fuel stop at Queanbeyan and noticed that “The Snuggie” is a fashionable piece to have in the wardrobe!!!!!

Stopped at Rhythm in Cooma to spend my Birthday $$$ on a new pair of Mitts!!!! Blown away by the amount of gear that they have in that joint!!!!1
Arrive at Thredbo at 8:30 and guzzle down a Red Bull, check into The Alpine Hotel, gear up and hit the hill!!!!
Little bit of wind, snow is hard packed but the sun is a shinin and crowds are non existent !!!!! It’s gonna be a good couple of days!!!! Yeeewww!!!!
First couple of runs getting used to the new T Rice havin such a short nose as compared to the “Old” DC HKD!!!!! Mrs Mizu has a few falls and gives up toward the end of the day, decides to retire to the Lounge Bar and kick back with a book in front of the fire!!!!!

Day 2 was even better as they had fired up the sno guns onite and given the hardpack a light dustin!!!!! Halfway through the day though I had managed to land on my clenched fist which tore cartilage from one of my ribs!!!!! Went up for another run but called it quits after feelin evey little imperfection in the surface all the way down!!!!! Needed medicinal beverages quick!!!!!
Decided to drive back down the Alpine Way and have a few glasses of vino and a feed at The Crackenback Cottage!!!!! Good decision!!!!!

Ridin the Crackenback Cart!!!!!

Ridin one of the Original Chairs from Thredbo, at the Crackenback Cottage!!!!!

Made our way into Jindy and spent some $$$ at the Local Board Stores, and bumped into a dude wearin a Boardworld Tee!!!! It was Darren Teasdale (SNOPICS – Winner of last years SoHe photog comp), had a chat for a while, nice bloke and a damn good photographer!!!!
Next stop was to check into Hanna’s Hutte at Jindy for an o’night stay before the drive home in the morning!!!!
Feelin the need for feed, and the pain of the rib cartilage reqirin more “medicinal” attention, we headed for the Japanese Restaurant in Jindy, Eboshi!!!!

Had a new beer to try!!!!! I like!!!!!

This is most definitely one of our fave eatin holes!!!!! After 2 hours of awesome food and copious amounts of Sake and Beer, we decided to retire to the dungeon that we had grabbed for the night!!!! It had central heatin but it was f#$%@n COLD!!!! After I stopped my teeth from chatterin and my body from goin into spasms, I dozed off to the sharp stabbin pains of my rib!!!!! Ahhh…….. and we pay money for this???? I must be insane!!!!! Happy, but insane!!!!!
The morning was clear but friggin cold, as we set off on our way home from a trip that didn’t see a lot of boarding, but still a very good time!!!!!

Drivin into Cooma saw a blanket of Fog that stretched all the way to Michelago, like I’d never seen before!!!!!

Just out from Michelago saw frost!!!!

Last stop near Collector gave me the opportunity to get a last ride in, before we drove back home!!!!

Bring on August and Falls/Hotham!!!!! Yeewwww!!!!!!  shaka

haha nice! what dates you heading to falls/hotham? may come up for a slide with ya

7th-12th of Augustus at Falls!!!!! Thursday the 11th gonna try and get the chopper over to Hotham and catch up with Azz!!!!!

sweet, will do my best to meet up with you guys

Mizu rule #1 - NEVER stop in Queanbeyan! You are safer stopping in Canberra!

Cracking trip report, mate!  shaka

And yes, I fixed two of your images that were HUGE!  cool mad